Demographic Gaps In American Political Behavior
Demographic Gaps in American Political Behavior
Demographic Gaps in American Political Behavior examines the political behavior of various groups in the United States in an effort to demonstrate how demographic backgrounds and socialization affect political behavior. Media coverage has disproportionately focused on the red state versus blue state divide, leaving the impression that American political behavior is determined solely by place of residence. This, however, ignores the numerous other political divides that exist in the United States today. In order to better conceptualize the landscape of American political behavior, Patrick Fisher analyzes the political gaps in six different demographics—income, religion, gender, race, age, and geography—and examines the effect these political gaps have on public opinion, policy, and party positioning. Written in an accessible fashion, Demographic Gaps in American Political Behavior uses contemporary examples and data from the 2008 and 2012 elections to help readers understand how and why demographic background has the potential to greatly influence political opinions and behavior.
"Patrick Fisher's excellent adventure into political demography reveals to student and professional readers what highly-paid consultants have long understood: group differences drive voting behavior. Fisher expands on the standard focus of income, race/ethnicity, and gender with...
- 3D Photoshop For Creative Professionals: Interactive Guide For Creating 3D Art
- At The Close Of A Century
- Alternative Nudes: Creative Lighting And Posing For Photographers
- Town In A Lobster Stew: A Candy Holliday Murder Mystery
- Philosophy Of Religion: Thinking About Faith (Contours Of Christian Philosophy)
- The Little Woman Wanted Noise (New York Review Books Children's Collection)
- The Fireflies Book: Fun Facts About The Fireflies You Loved As A Kid
- Believable Characters: Creating With Enneagrams
- The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend And I Decided To Go Get Pregnant
- Amelia Earhart: Beyond The Grave
- The One I Was
- Al Capone Shines My Shoes
- The World As Will And Representation, Vol. 1
- After This: When Life Is Over, Where Do We Go?
- Point From Which Creation Begins: The Black Artists' Group Of St. Louis
- The Days Of Elijah, Book One: Apocalypse: A Novel Of The Great Tribulation In America (Volume 1)
- Empowering Education: Critical Teaching For Social Change
- Doing Statistical Mediation And Moderation (Methodology In The Social Sciences)
- Principal Diseases Of Marine And Shellfish, Second Edition (Principal Diseases Of Marine Fish & Shellfish)
- And On That Bombshell: Inside The Madness And Genius Of TOP GEAR