Public Opinionis a comprehensive and multidisciplinary examination of public opinion in the United States. Drawing on scholarship in political science, psychology, sociology, and communications, the authors explore the nature of political and social attitudes in the United States and how these attitudes are shaped by various institutions, with an emphasis on mass media. The book also serves as a provocative starting point for the discussion of citizen moods, political participation, and voting behavior. Feature boxes and illustrations throughout help students understand all aspects of the elusive phenomenon we call public opinion.
The third edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect how public opinion is studied today, and to incorporate current data and debates. The book now contains two revised and reframed theory chapters—Group Membership and Public Opinion” and Public Opinion and Social Process”—as well as new coverage of the influence of online and social media on public opinion, especially in issue opinions and campaigns.
"The interdisciplinary nature of this book is its greatest asset. I am struck by how effectively the authors cover an immense amount of ground in terms of the role public opinion plays in politics, how public opinion develops...
- Inside The Box: How CrossFit ® Shredded The Rules, Stripped Down The Gym, And Rebuilt My Body
- Teacher Leadership
- Cirugía Bucal
- History Of Modern Art Volume I (7th Edition)
- From Concept To Form In Landscape Design
- Creative Haven FLOWER ART Coloring Book: Deluxe Edition 4 Books In 1 (Creative Haven Coloring Books)
- Administrative Law
- Closeup Shooting: A Guide To Closeup, Tabletop And Macro Photography
- 2016 Maine Coon Cat Down East Wall Calendar
- Dorland's Pocket Medical Dictionary With CD-ROM, 28e (Dorland's Medical Dictionary)
- Money And Credit: A Sociological Approach
- Conducting And Reading Research In Health And Human Performance
- Holt Elements Of Language: Vocabulary Workshop, Fifth Course
- What Happened Here: Bush Chronicles
- That Night: A Novel
- Travels With Epicurus: A Journey To A Greek Island In Search Of A Fulfilled Life
- Dogs And Puppies: Discover Your "inner Artist" As You Explore The Basic Theories And Techniques Of Pencil Drawing (Drawing Made Easy)
- Philip-Lorca DiCorcia: Eleven: W Stories 1997-2008