Public Opinionis a comprehensive and multidisciplinary examination of public opinion in the United States. Drawing on scholarship in political science, psychology, sociology, and communications, the authors explore the nature of political and social attitudes in the United States and how these attitudes are shaped by various institutions, with an emphasis on mass media. The book also serves as a provocative starting point for the discussion of citizen moods, political participation, and voting behavior. Feature boxes and illustrations throughout help students understand all aspects of the elusive phenomenon we call public opinion.
The third edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect how public opinion is studied today, and to incorporate current data and debates. The book now contains two revised and reframed theory chapters—Group Membership and Public Opinion” and Public Opinion and Social Process”—as well as new coverage of the influence of online and social media on public opinion, especially in issue opinions and campaigns.
"The interdisciplinary nature of this book is its greatest asset. I am struck by how effectively the authors cover an immense amount of ground in terms of the role public opinion plays in politics, how public opinion develops...
- YouTube: An Insider's Guide To Climbing The Charts
- Useful Tool Prints Lyrical Manual: Blank Rap Journal Rap Notebook Lined Paper 50 Pages 8.5"x11" Glossy Cover Finish (Volume 5)
- Ghost Canoe
- The English Spy
- The Hawk And The Jewel (Kensington Chronicles, Book 1)
- Never Fade (A Darkest Minds Novel)
- Pets: Trace Line Art Onto Paper Or Canvas, And Color Or Paint Your Own Masterpieces (Trace & Color)
- Was She Pretty?
- SS05 WORKBOOK GRADE 1 (Scott Foresmen Social Studies 2005, Grade 1)
- Writings In Jazz
- The Last Segregated Hour: The Memphis Kneel-Ins And The Campaign For Southern Church Desegregation
- Grammar Girl's Quick And Dirty Tips For Better Writing (Quick & Dirty Tips)
- Cities And Privatization: Prospects For The New Century
- The Fujifilm X-Pro2: 115 X-Pert Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Camera
- Paulo Freire's Philosophy Of Education: Origins, Developments, Impacts And Legacies
- Bali: The Ultimate Guide: To The World's Most Spectacular Tropical Island (Periplus Adventure Guides)
- James (Baker Exegetical Commentary On The New Testament)
- The Happiness Makeover: Teach Yourself To Enjoy Every Day
- Mixing Heavy Music: Mixing Advice Tailored To Rock And Metal That Will Help Take Your Mixes To The Next Level.