Public Opinionis a comprehensive and multidisciplinary examination of public opinion in the United States. Drawing on scholarship in political science, psychology, sociology, and communications, the authors explore the nature of political and social attitudes in the United States and how these attitudes are shaped by various institutions, with an emphasis on mass media. The book also serves as a provocative starting point for the discussion of citizen moods, political participation, and voting behavior. Feature boxes and illustrations throughout help students understand all aspects of the elusive phenomenon we call public opinion.
The third edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect how public opinion is studied today, and to incorporate current data and debates. The book now contains two revised and reframed theory chapters—Group Membership and Public Opinion” and Public Opinion and Social Process”—as well as new coverage of the influence of online and social media on public opinion, especially in issue opinions and campaigns.
"The interdisciplinary nature of this book is its greatest asset. I am struck by how effectively the authors cover an immense amount of ground in terms of the role public opinion plays in politics, how public opinion develops...
- Student Study Guide For Silberberg Chemistry: The Molecular Nature Of Matter And Change
- The Art Book For Children
- The Complete Manual Of Typography Publisher: Adobe Press
- You Are A Badass: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life
- Milena O El Femur Más Bello Del Mundo: Premio Planeta 2014 (Spanish Edition)
- The Child Savers: The Invention Of Delinquency (Critical Issues In Crime And Society)
- The Southern Cookie Book
- Noble Warrior: The Story Of Maj. Gen. James E. Livingston, USMC (Ret.), Medal Of Honor
- The Halbert Copywriting Method Part III: The Simple Fast & Easy Editing Formula That Forces Buyers To Read Every Word Of Your Ads!
- Dancing For Diaghilev: The Memoirs Of Lydia Sokolova
- The Studio Business Book, 2nd Ed. (Mix Pro Audio Series)
- Programming Embedded Systems In C And C++
- The Pocket Daring Book For Girls: Things To Do
- Star Trek/Green Lantern, Vol. 2: Stranger Worlds
- Of Mice And Men
- Cuba Cocina: The Tantalizing World Of Cuban Cooking-Yesterday, Today, And Tomorrow
- The Biological Chemistry Of The Elements: The Inorganic Chemistry Of Life
- Desktop Ping Pong
- The Newspaper Designer's Handbook
- Viaje Al Centro De La Tierra/ Journey To The Center Of The Earth (Clasicos Juveniles) (Spanish Edition)