The Old Barn Book: A Field Guide To North American Barns & Other Farm Structures
The Old Barn Book: A Field Guide to North American Barns & Other Farm Structures
Barns give character to the countryside. Their structures reflect the ethnic heritage of a region's settlers and the nature of the land itself. With The Old Barn Book, you'll be able to spot the difference between a Dutch barn and a Swedish barn, a barn for cows and a barn for tobacco. You'll find out why some barns have hipped roofs and others gables, why some have doors at the end and others have them on the side, why some are wood and some are stone, why some are round. Whether you are nostalgic for farm life or like to drive out in the country or want to join in the barn preservation movement, you will find this book an indispensable guide.
From the Back Cover
From hay barns to corn cribs, from fences to chicken coops, from silos to outhouses, 'The Old Barn Book's' clear drawings, photos, maps, and descriptions make it easy to figure what's what around a farm.
About the Author
ALLEN G. NOBLE is Professor of Geography at the University of Akron and author...
- Fire And Ice (J. P. Beaumont Novel)
- World War II Italian Prisoners Of War In Chambersburg (Images Of America)
- Savage Inequalities: Children In America's Schools
- Hair Like A Fox: A Bioenergetic View Of Pattern Hair Loss
- Designing With Conifers: The Best Choices For Year-Round Interest In Your Garden
- Charity Law Handbook: (Third Edition)
- Race In Cuba: Essays On The Revolution And Racial Inequality
- High Tea
- Nutcracker Ballet-Coloring Book (A Bellerophon Coloring Book)
- Moon Colombia (Moon Handbooks)
- Being With Jesus: A Thirty-Day Journey
- Blizzard (Journeys Of The Stranger #3)
- An International Accounting Practice Set: The Karissa Jean's Simulation
- Matthew Barney: Sammlung Goetz (English And German Edition)
- Assessment And Treatment Manual For School-Age Language Disorders: A Resource Manual
- Wörterbuch Der Psychotherapie (German Edition)
- The SAGE Handbook Of Social Psychology: Concise Student Edition (SAGE Social Psychology Program)
- My Weird School Special: Oh, Valentine, We've Lost Our Minds!
- It Ain't Sauce, It's Gravy: Macaroni, Homestyle Cheesesteaks, The Best Meatballs In The World, And How Food Saved My Life
- Xanathar's Guide To Everything