Call To Holiness: Reflections On The Catholic Chrarismatic Renewal
Call to Holiness: Reflections on the Catholic Chrarismatic Renewal
The charismatic renewal is a sign of the continuing relevance of the Holy Spirit for the baptized and gives life and direction to the Church in its mission in the world. Appearing soon after the close of Vatican II, the charismatic renewal has been one of a number of movements of the Spirit in the Church marked by a call to holiness and evangelization.
Cal to Holiness gathers the wisdom within the renewal, thirty years after its beginnings, to help guide its continued life. This document evolved out of several years of consultation with leaders, theologians, and bishops associated with the charismatic renewal from various national backgrounds. Theologians not associated with the charismatic renewal have also been consulted.
The document covers the vocation to holiness, the experience of the Spirit, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, the charisms, forms of community life, and the call to evangelize. Chapters are The Spiritual Renewal Coming from the Council," "The Experience of the Holy Spirit and its Fruits," and "Gifted for Mission."
Archbishop Paul Josef Cordes is President of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum. He was Vice-President of the Pontifical Council for the Laity from 1981-1996. For ten...
- The LEGO Animation Book: Make Your Own LEGO Movies!
- Illustrated Microsoft Office 365 & Word 2016: Introductory
- CorelDRAW X6 The Official Guide
- Confederate South Carolina: True Stories Of Civilians, Soldiers And The War (Civil War Series)
- The World Blind Union Guide To The Marrakesh Treaty: Facilitating Access To Books For Print-Disabled Individuals
- The Microbial Challenge: A Public Health Perspective
- Introduction To Light: The Physics Of Light, Vision, And Color (Dover Books On Physics)
- Girls Behaving Badly
- Living Your Best Life
- The World Is Flat [Updated And Expanded]: A Brief History Of The Twenty-first Century
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account Of The Mt. Everest Disaster
- Glory In The Cross: Holy Week In The Third Edition Of The Roman Missal
- 24 Caprices, Op. 1: Violin Solo (Schirmer's Library Of Musical Classics)
- Raga Mala: The Autobiography Of Ravi Shankar
- Inspiring Grayscales: Dogs: 45 Images To Inspire Creativity And Relaxation
- Street Soldier: My Life As An Enforcer For Whitey Bulger And The Boston Irish Mob
- If I Perish, I Perish
- Voices From The Past: Reformed Educators
- Trees, Leaves & Bark (Take Along Guides)
- Nuclear Proliferation And Terrorism In The Post-9/11 World