Sacra Pagina: First And Second Thessalonians
Sacra Pagina: First and Second Thessalonians
The letters First and Second Thessalonians are traditionally associated with the Pauline foundation of the Macedonian Church at Thessalonica. The first is seen as representing Paul's earliest epistolary efforts and as providing two successive moments in his long relationship as advisor to that community. Soon after leaving the area for the southern province of Achaia, Paul addresses the concerns of the new Gentile converts and at a later period responds more directly to queries received from the thriving and successful community. The second document, written in Paul's name and at a later date, attempts to calm the apocalyptic fervor of the community by reiterating its traditional eschatological and Christological teaching.
After treating these introductory matters, this study provides a new translation of each section of the canonical text, explains in notes the pertinent textual and linguistic features of the text, and then offers in a series of interpretive messages a literary, rhetorical, and thematic analysis of the biblical documents. The constant concern of this commentary is to provide assistance to modern readers in discerning the relationship between the authors and their intended readers. Short bibliographies suggest other important modern studies. Includes an updated bibliography as...
- Find A Husband After 35: (Using What I Learned At Harvard Business School)
- Perdidos En NYC: Una Aventura En El Metro: A TOON Graphic (Spanish Edition)
- The Pug Lovers Coloring Book: Much Loved Dogs And Puppies Coloring Book For Grown Ups (Creative And Unique Coloring Books For Adults) (Volume 6)
- College: What It Was, Is, And Should Be
- Ingmar Bergman: Magician And Prophet
- Data Abstraction And Problem Solving With Java: Walls And Mirrors (3rd Edition)
- Silver Spurs (Horses And Friends)
- Nigeria: History, Facts And Stories
- La Enzima Prodigiosa / The Enzyme Factor: How To Live Long And Never Be Sick (Spanish Edition)
- The Open: Man And Animal
- Inside Information: Developing Powerful Readers And Writers Of Informational Text Through Project-Based Instruction
- La Guerre, Yes Sir!
- Understanding Media Ethics
- Philosophy In Christian Antiquity
- How To Buy A Business Without Being Had: Successfully Negotiating The Purchase Of A Small Business
- Jazz With Luigi
- The Craft Of Text Editing: Emacs For The Modern World
- Disneyland Secrets: A Grand Tour Of Disneyland's Hidden Details
- The Raft