Sacra Pagina: James
Sacra Pagina: James
In his commentary on the letter of James, Hartin offers a unique approach toward understanding a much-neglected writing. Refusing to read the letter of James through the lens ofPaul, Hartin approaches the letter in its own right. He takes seriously the address to the twelve tribes in the Dispersion" (1:1) as directed to Jews who had embraced the message of Jesus and were living outside their homeland, Israel. At the same time, Hartin shows how this letter remains true to Jesus' heritage. Using recent studies on rhetorical culture, Hartin illustrates how James takes Jesus ' sayings and performs them again in his own way to speak to the hearers/readers of his own world.
Hartin examines the text, passage by passage, while providing essential notes and an extensive explanation of the theological meaning of each passage. The value of this commentary lies in its breadth of scholarship and its empathic approach to this writing. The reader will discover new and refreshing insights into the world of early Christianity as well as a teaching that is of perennial significance.
Patrick J. Hartin was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. He studied at the Gregorian University in Rome and is an...
- Can Do: Campbell Newman And The Challenge Of Reform
- Sexual Dysfunction In Men In The Series Advances In Psychotherapy, Evidence-Based Practice
- Imperium: A Novel Of Ancient Rome
- [insert] Boy (Kate Tufts Discovery Award)
- Business Reorganization In Bankruptcy (American Casebook Series)
- Twentieth-Century Art Of Latin America
- El Silencio Pélvico
- The Angry Birds Movie: The Junior Novel
- The Innocent (Will Robie Series)
- Brain Of Thrones - A Game Of Thrones Quiz Book
- Brahms (Life&Times Series)
- Inmigración A Los EE.UU. Paso A Paso (Inmigracion A Los Ee.Uu. Paso A Paso (Immigration To The United) (Spanish Edition)
- Automator For Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Visual QuickStart Guide
- Listen: Five Simple Tools To Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges
- Innovative Strategies For Unlocking Difficult Children: Attention Seekers, Manipulative Students, Apathetic Students, Hostile Students
- Fantastical Fairies: Coloring Book
- Vintage Prints: Ferns And Other Plants: Cyanotypes
- 1001 Ways To Energize Employees
- Memories Of Absence: How Muslims Remember Jews In Morocco