The Lingering Conflict: Israel, The Arabs, And The Middle East 1948–2012
The Lingering Conflict: Israel, The Arabs, and the Middle East 1948–2012
In The Lingering Conflict Itamar Rabinovich, a former chief negotiator for Israel, provides unique and authoritative insight into the prospects for genuine peace in the Middle East. His presentation includes a detailed insider account of the peace processes of 1992–96 and a frank dissection of the more dispiriting record since then.
Rabinovich's firsthand experiences as a negotiator and as Israel's ambassador to the United States provide a valuable perspective from which to view the major players involved. Fresh analysis of ongoing situations in the region and the author's authoritative take on key figures such as Ehud Barak and Benjamin Netanyahu shed new light on the long and tumultuous history of Arab-Israeli relations. His book is a shrewd assessment of the past and current state of affairs in the Middle East, as well as a sober look at the prospects for a peaceful future.
While Rabinovich explains the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians—a classic dispute between two national movements claiming the same land— The Lingering Conflict also considers the broader political, cultural, and increasingly religious conflict between the Jewish state and Arab nationalism. He approaches the troubled region...
- Tragedy Plus Time
- Spirit Capture: Photographs From The National Museum Of The American Indian
- Disney Gravity Falls Cinestory Comic Vol. 3
- The Story Of My Life
- Anthropology: The Human Challenge
- Industrial Applications Of Genetic Algorithms (International Series On Computational Intelligence)
- Pittsburgh: A New Portrait
- The Adirondack Atlas: A Geographic Portrait Of The Adirondack Park (Adirondack Museum Books)
- Die Satrapienverwaltung Im Perserreich Zur Zeit Darius' III. (Tuebinger Atlas Des Vorderen Orients (Tavo)) (German Edition)
- Rosary Novenas To Our Lady: 54 Day Rosary Novena
- The Kingdom Of Sicily 1130-1860
- The Oxford Handbook Of Positive Organizational Scholarship (Oxford Library Of Psychology)
- The California Native Landscape: The Homeowner's Design Guide To Restoring Its Beauty And Balance
- Managing Projects: A Practical Guide For Learning Professionals
- Bored No More: Quiz Book
- An Essay On The Fundamental Principles Of Operative Occultism, By Manly P. Hall, Illustrated With Three Oil Painting By Mihran K. Serailian
- Secrets Of A Civil War Submarine: Solving The Mysteries Of The H. L. Hunley
- Night Of Many Dreams: A Novel
- Photography: Portfolio To Profession
- Ballet Cat Dance! Dance! Underpants!