The Lingering Conflict: Israel, The Arabs, And The Middle East 1948–2012
The Lingering Conflict: Israel, The Arabs, and the Middle East 1948–2012
In The Lingering Conflict Itamar Rabinovich, a former chief negotiator for Israel, provides unique and authoritative insight into the prospects for genuine peace in the Middle East. His presentation includes a detailed insider account of the peace processes of 1992–96 and a frank dissection of the more dispiriting record since then.
Rabinovich's firsthand experiences as a negotiator and as Israel's ambassador to the United States provide a valuable perspective from which to view the major players involved. Fresh analysis of ongoing situations in the region and the author's authoritative take on key figures such as Ehud Barak and Benjamin Netanyahu shed new light on the long and tumultuous history of Arab-Israeli relations. His book is a shrewd assessment of the past and current state of affairs in the Middle East, as well as a sober look at the prospects for a peaceful future.
While Rabinovich explains the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians—a classic dispute between two national movements claiming the same land— The Lingering Conflict also considers the broader political, cultural, and increasingly religious conflict between the Jewish state and Arab nationalism. He approaches the troubled region...
- Marisa Merz: The Sky Is A Great Space
- Hegde's PocketGuide To Treatment In Speech-Language Pathology
- Civil War: Fantastic Four (New Printing)
- Handbook Of Research On Digital Media And Creative Technologies
- Donkey Baby: From Beijing To Berkeley And Beyond
- Workbook For News Reporting And Writing
- Concepts About Print: What Have Children Learned About The Way We Print Language?
- Kiss Of The Spider Woman
- Sex On The Moon: The Amazing Story Behind The Most Audacious Heist In History
- The Road To Excellence: The Acquisition Of Expert Performance In The Arts And Sciences, Sports, And Games
- She Touched The World: Laura Bridgman, Deaf-Blind Pioneer
- Repairing The Ruins: The Classical And Christian Challenge To Modern Education
- Knock Knock Mini Inner-Truth Journal, I Can't Sleep, 4 X 5.75 Inches (50077) (Mini IT)
- Leading God's People: Wisdom From The Early Church For Today
- Bizzy Bear: Deep-Sea Diver
- Nietzsche: Thus Spoke Zarathustra (Cambridge Texts In The History Of Philosophy)
- Evidence-Based Physical Therapy For The Pelvic Floor: Bridging Science And Clinical Practice, 2e
- Alfred's Basic Piano Library Technic, Bk 2
- Heralding The Loud Cry: Progression Of Light From 1888