Cinema’s Alchemist: The Films Of Péter Forgács (Visible Evidence)
Cinema’s Alchemist: The Films of Péter Forgács (Visible Evidence)
Péter Forgács, based in Budapest, is best known for his award-winning films built on home movies from the 1930s to the 1960s that document ordinary lives soon to intersect with offscreen historical events. Cinema’s Alchemist offers a sustained exploration of the imagination and skill with which Forgács reshapes such film footage, originally intended for private and personal viewing, into extraordinary films dedicated to remembering the past in ways that matter for our future.
Contributors: Whitney Davis, U of California, Berkeley; László F. Földényi, U of Theatre, Film and Television, Budapest; Marsha Kinder, U of Southern California; Tamás Korányi; Scott MacDonald, Hamilton College; Tyrus Miller, U of California, Santa Cruz; Roger Odin, U of Paris III Sorbonne–Nouvelle; Catherine Portuges, U of Massachusetts Amherst; Michael S. Roth, Wesleyan U; Kaja Silverman, U of Pennsylvania; Ernst van Alphen, Leiden U, the Netherlands; Malin Wahlberg, Stockholm U.
"Péter Forgács is indeed an alchemist, as this insightful compendium of essays proclaims; his extraordinary process transforms ordinary home movies into works of profound and sometimes mysterious beauty. This volume brilliantly articulates the qualities that make his work so distinctive and important, not only as...
- Explaining Social Behavior: More Nuts And Bolts For The Social Sciences
- Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How To Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals
- The Outline Of History (2 Volumes)
- The Meta-Rise (Bot Wars)
- International Handbook Of Threat Assessment
- Psychosocial Aspects Of Disability: Insider Perspectives And Strategies For Counselors
- The Baby Sleep Book: The Complete Guide To A Good Night's Rest For The Whole Family (Sears Parenting Library)
- Glaucoma: A Patient's Guide To The Disease, Fourth Edition
- Adobe Illustrator CS6 On Demand
- Thank You, Teacher!: A Thank You Gift Book For Teachers
- GLASS STRING QUARTET NO3 MISHIMA SCORE
- Shoot Out: Surviving Fame And (Mis)Fortune In Hollywood
- Perceptual-Motor Activities For Children With Web Resource: An Evidence-Based Guide To Building Physical And Cognitive Skills
- Yo Muero Hoy / I Die Today: Las Revueltas En El Mundo Arabe / The Riots In The Arab World (Spanish Edition)
- To The Far Blue Mountains (The Sacketts)
- Girls In Focus
- No Roses For Harry!
- Boston Celtics IQ: The Ultimate Test Of True Fandom
- Enciclopedia De Las Hierbas Mágicas (Spanish Edition)