Cinema’s Alchemist: The Films Of Péter Forgács (Visible Evidence)
Cinema’s Alchemist: The Films of Péter Forgács (Visible Evidence)
Péter Forgács, based in Budapest, is best known for his award-winning films built on home movies from the 1930s to the 1960s that document ordinary lives soon to intersect with offscreen historical events. Cinema’s Alchemist offers a sustained exploration of the imagination and skill with which Forgács reshapes such film footage, originally intended for private and personal viewing, into extraordinary films dedicated to remembering the past in ways that matter for our future.
Contributors: Whitney Davis, U of California, Berkeley; László F. Földényi, U of Theatre, Film and Television, Budapest; Marsha Kinder, U of Southern California; Tamás Korányi; Scott MacDonald, Hamilton College; Tyrus Miller, U of California, Santa Cruz; Roger Odin, U of Paris III Sorbonne–Nouvelle; Catherine Portuges, U of Massachusetts Amherst; Michael S. Roth, Wesleyan U; Kaja Silverman, U of Pennsylvania; Ernst van Alphen, Leiden U, the Netherlands; Malin Wahlberg, Stockholm U.
"Péter Forgács is indeed an alchemist, as this insightful compendium of essays proclaims; his extraordinary process transforms ordinary home movies into works of profound and sometimes mysterious beauty. This volume brilliantly articulates the qualities that make his work so distinctive and important, not only as...
- National Identity And Economic Interest: Taiwan's Competing Options And Their Implications For Regional Stability
- Bronze Sculpture Casting & Patination: Mud, Fire, Metal
- Vintage Toys (Slipcased Book & Board Game Set)
- Death Proof: A Screenplay
- Light Scattering And Nanoscale Surface Roughness (Nanostructure Science And Technology)
- Countdown 'til Daddy Comes Home
- How To Get Your Ex Back Fast!: Toy With The Male Psyche And Get Him Back With Skills Only A Dating Coach Knows (Dating And Relationship Advice For Women) (Volume 4)
- The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide With Recipes, Techniques & Know-How (Natural Body Series - The Natural Way To Enhance Your Life)
- 101 Monologues For Kids!
- Anatomy & Physiology: An Integrative Approach (WCB Applied Biology)
- Med-Surg Success: Course Review Applying Critical Thinking To Test Taking
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young -- The Guitar Collection: Authentic Guitar TAB
- Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How To Solve Unexplained Mysteries
- La Biblia Del Hacker 2012 / Hacker (Spanish Edition)
- Comprehensive Treatment Of Chronic Pain By Medical, Interventional, And Integrative Approaches: The AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PAIN MEDICINE Textbook On Patient Management
- A Vulgar Display Of Pantera
- Freshwater Wetlands : A Guide To Common Indicator Plants Of The Northeast
- Who Am I? The 16 Basic Desires That Motivate Our Actions And Define Our Personalities
- Why Life Speeds Up As You Get Older: How Memory Shapes Our Past
- A Summer To Remember: Bill Veeck, Lou Boudreau, Bob Feller, And The 1948 Cleveland Indians