Language, Ecology And Society: A Dialectical Approach
Language, Ecology and Society: A Dialectical Approach
Language, Ecology and Society presents a view of language and ecology from a dialectical perspective. In this analysis, language is seen as a multidimensional phenomenon, which both shapes and is shaped by mind, nature and society.
Contributing to the field of ecolinguistics, this volume proposes a new paradigm termed Dialectical Linguistics, pioneered by Jørgen Christian Bang and Jørgen Døør and based on research spanning three decades. The book argues for a politically and morally responsible approach to language and linguistics.
The book opens with an introduction by Sune Vork Steffensen outlining the theory of Dialectical Linguistics and the history of ecolinguistics and stressing the importance of Bang and Døør's contribution to this global movement.
Further information can also be found on the Language, Ecology and Society website at www.languageecologysociety.org
- ¿De Dónde Son Los Camellos?
- Voices From Slavery: 100 Authentic Slave Narratives (African American)
- TEMPLE: Amazing New Discoveries That Change Everything About The Location Of Solomon’s Temple
- Architecture And Politics In Republican Rome
- No More Heroes: Grassroots Challenges To The Savior Mentality
- Gotham: A History Of New York City To 1898 (The History Of NYC Series)
- Clinical Hematology Atlas, 3rd Edition
- All The Leader You Can Be: The Science Of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence (Business Books)
- EXCEL AVANZADO. Versiones 2013/2010/2007. Ejemplos Y Ejercicios Paso A Paso (Spanish Edition)
- Pokémon Go Coloring Book: Fantastic Kids Coloring Book Containing EVERY Pokémon From The Hit Pokémon Go Game.
- The Back Sufferers' Bible
- Federal Income Taxation: Cases, Problems, And Materials (American Casebook Series)
- The Beatles: The Band That Changed The World
- Choose Joy: 3-Minute Devotions For Women
- Eusebius' Ecclesiastical History: Complete And Unabridged
- The Steps We Took
- Le Nozze Di Figaro (The Marriage Of Figaro): English National Opera Guide 17 (Calder Opera Guides)
- 1, 2, And 3 John (The Story Of God Bible Commentary)
- Encyclopedia Madonnica
- Before Homosexuality In The Arab-Islamic World, 1500-1800