The Fabric Of Faithfulness: Weaving Together Belief And Behavior
The Fabric of Faithfulness: Weaving Together Belief and Behavior
Voted one of Christianity Today's 1998 Books of the Year! All kinds of important choices are made during the college years. Young men and women explore what they really believe about the nature of the world and the purpose of life. They choose their work. They build friendships and often choose to marry. They develop goals and adopt habits that may last a lifetime. Yet late modernity is not a welcome environment for emotional, intellectual and spiritual formation. Society is increasingly fragmented. And the educational system itself, fragmented and specialized, may disintegrate more than it integrates. How do parents, professors, campus ministers, youth pastors and others help students, during one of the most eventful and intense periods of life, learn to connect what they believe about the world with how they live in it? Steven Garber vigorously engages just that question in this revised edition that includes a new chapter on what he has learned about lifelong formation in the years since the book first appeared. Drawing on the history of ideas, ethics, sociology and popular culture, he offers must-reading on the critical lifework of making sense of life.
- Global Security Watch―India (Praeger Security International)
- Quiero Ser Maestro (Spanish Edition)
- Discourses On Livy (Oxford World's Classics)
- The Essential Prose Of John Milton (Modern Library Classics)
- Engineering Graphics (8th Edition)
- SING & DANCE WITH THE TRIO BEL CANTO TO THE MOST POPULAR GREEK FAVORITES - Vinyl Lp.
- Creating Special Effects For TV And Video (Media Manuals)
- Blind Sided
- Traveling The Pennsylvania Railroad: Photographs Of William H. Rau
- You Can Preach!
- The Boys And Girls Learn Differently Action Guide For Teachers
- Manual Practico Del Huerto Ecologico
- El Arte De La Guerra/ The Art Of War (Pliegos De Oriente) (Spanish Edition)
- The Green Road: A Novel
- The Ballet Companion: A Dancer's Guide To The Technique, Traditions, And Joys Of Ballet (Hardcover)
- Analyzing Neural Time Series Data: Theory And Practice (Issues In Clinical And Cognitive Neuropsychology)
- We Become What We Worship: A Biblical Theology Of Idolatry
- Escritos 1
- Three Congregational Masses: Mass Of Peace, Mass Of Joy, Mass Of Glory
- The Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology - Volume 5: Mezzo-Soprano Book/Online Audio (Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology (Songbooks))