Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, And The Hard Future Ahead
Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, and the Hard Future Ahead
After decades of missed opportunities, the door to a sustainable future has closed, and the future we face now is one in which today's industrial civilization unravels in the face of uncontrolled climate change and resource depletion.
What is the world going to look like when all these changes have run their course? Author John Michael Greer seeks to answer this question, and with some degree of accuracy, since civilizations tend to collapse in remarkably similar ways.
Dark Age America, then, seeks to map out in advance the history of collapse, giving us an idea of what the next five hundred years or so might look like as globalization ends and North American civilization reaches the end of its lifecycle and enters the stages of decline and fall.
In many ways, this is Greer's most uncompromising work, though by no means without hope to offer. Knowing where we're headed collectively is a crucial step in responding constructively to the challenges of the future and doing what we can now to help our descendants make the most of the world we're leaving them.
John Michael Greer, historian of ideas and one of the...
- Habilitacion Del Buque (2ª Ed.) (Spanish Edition)
- Shanghai: China's Gateway To Modernity
- Interior Design: For Beginners - Interior Design Hacks To Make Your Home Look Amazing On A Budget! (Feng Shui, Interior Design Handbook, Decorating Your Home)
- Blues Piano: Hal Leonard Keyboard Style Series [With CD][ BLUES PIANO: HAL LEONARD KEYBOARD STYLE SERIES [WITH CD] ] By Harrison, Mark (Author) Nov-01-03[ Paperback ]
- We Wanted A Revolution: Black Radical Women, 1965-85
- Dark Tower: The Gunslinger- The Battle Of Tull
- The Jazz Guitar Handbook: A Complete Course In All Styles Of Jazz (Popular Handbook)
- Fashion History PLC (B&N)
- TIME-LIFE World War II In 500 Photographs
- Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction
- Travels In China: Containing Descriptions, Observations,a Nd Comparisons Made And Collected In The Course Of A Short Residence At The Imperial Palace ... Through The Country From Pekin To Canton
- Choral Conducting: An Anthology
- Likutey Moharán (en Español) Volumen X: Lecciones 109 A 194 (Volume 10) (Spanish Edition)
- Tango: The Art History Of Love
- Within: A Spiritual Awakening To Love & Weight Loss
- Between Dignity And Despair: Jewish Life In Nazi Germany (Studies In Jewish History)
- Jelly Shots: A Rainbow Of 70 Boozy Recipes
- Cantares Entre Dos Orillas (Spanish Edition)
- Inside War: The Guerrilla Conflict In Missouri During The American Civil War
- Painting In Latin America, 1550–1820: From Conquest To Independence