Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, And The Hard Future Ahead
Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, and the Hard Future Ahead
After decades of missed opportunities, the door to a sustainable future has closed, and the future we face now is one in which today's industrial civilization unravels in the face of uncontrolled climate change and resource depletion.
What is the world going to look like when all these changes have run their course? Author John Michael Greer seeks to answer this question, and with some degree of accuracy, since civilizations tend to collapse in remarkably similar ways.
Dark Age America, then, seeks to map out in advance the history of collapse, giving us an idea of what the next five hundred years or so might look like as globalization ends and North American civilization reaches the end of its lifecycle and enters the stages of decline and fall.
In many ways, this is Greer's most uncompromising work, though by no means without hope to offer. Knowing where we're headed collectively is a crucial step in responding constructively to the challenges of the future and doing what we can now to help our descendants make the most of the world we're leaving them.
John Michael Greer, historian of ideas and one of the...
- Deadpool: Back In Black
- The Portable Edgar Allan Poe (Penguin Classics)
- Steampunk Alphabet
- The Maudsley Reader In Phenomenological Psychiatry
- First Aid For The Basic Sciences: General Principles, Third Edition (First Aid Series)
- The Down And Dirty Guide To Camping With Kids: How To Plan Memorable Family Adventures And Connect Kids To Nature
- People Of Darkness
- The Universal Tone: Bringing My Story To Light
- Exploring Adobe Illustrator CS6 (Adobe CS6)
- The Book Of The Cat: Cats In Art
- Custom Speech Coursebook For Colorado State University
- The Twelve Chakras (Information & Meditation)
- Cities And The Creative Class
- Excellent Cadavers: The Mafia And The Death Of The First Italian Republic
- Raymond Pettibon (Contemporary Artists)
- Math Talk: Teaching Concepts & Skills Through Illustrations & Stories, Grades PreK-1
- Eldest (Inheritance Cycle, Book 2) (The Inheritance Cycle)
- Three Genres: The Writing Of Poetry, Fiction, And Drama (6th Edition)
- Atlas De Interpretación Radiológica En Pequeños Animales