Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, And The Hard Future Ahead
Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, and the Hard Future Ahead
After decades of missed opportunities, the door to a sustainable future has closed, and the future we face now is one in which today's industrial civilization unravels in the face of uncontrolled climate change and resource depletion.
What is the world going to look like when all these changes have run their course? Author John Michael Greer seeks to answer this question, and with some degree of accuracy, since civilizations tend to collapse in remarkably similar ways.
Dark Age America, then, seeks to map out in advance the history of collapse, giving us an idea of what the next five hundred years or so might look like as globalization ends and North American civilization reaches the end of its lifecycle and enters the stages of decline and fall.
In many ways, this is Greer's most uncompromising work, though by no means without hope to offer. Knowing where we're headed collectively is a crucial step in responding constructively to the challenges of the future and doing what we can now to help our descendants make the most of the world we're leaving them.
John Michael Greer, historian of ideas and one of the...
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines Into Massive Success And Happiness
- Norman Granz: The White Moses Of Black Jazz
- Coloring DC: Wonder Woman
- Scenes Of Clerical Life (Penguin Classics)
- Santa's Eleven Months Off
- Tortall: A Spy's Guide
- A Devil To Play: One Man's Year-Long Quest To Master The Orchestra's Most Difficult Instrument
- Beyond Chic: Great Fashion Designers At Home
- Student's Handbook And Solutions Manual For Concepts Of Genetics
- Financial Risk Modelling And Portfolio Optimization With R
- Under The Heel Of Bushido: Last Voices Of The Jewish POWs Of The Japanese In The Second World War
- Weapons Of Fitness: The Women’s Ultimate Guide To Fitness, Self-Defense, And Empowerment
- Groundhog's Runaway Shadow
- The Gift Of Failure: How The Best Parents Learn To Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed
- Understanding Art: A Concise History (with ArtExperience Online Printed Access Card) (Thomson Advantage Books)
- The Scramble For Africa (Seminar Studies)
- The Symphony: A Listener's Guide
- El Gran Libro Del Antiguo Egipto
- Mexicana (Icons)
- Emoji Adventures, Vol. 1: The Horse Party