Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, And The Hard Future Ahead
Dark Age America: Climate Change, Cultural Collapse, and the Hard Future Ahead
After decades of missed opportunities, the door to a sustainable future has closed, and the future we face now is one in which today's industrial civilization unravels in the face of uncontrolled climate change and resource depletion.
What is the world going to look like when all these changes have run their course? Author John Michael Greer seeks to answer this question, and with some degree of accuracy, since civilizations tend to collapse in remarkably similar ways.
Dark Age America, then, seeks to map out in advance the history of collapse, giving us an idea of what the next five hundred years or so might look like as globalization ends and North American civilization reaches the end of its lifecycle and enters the stages of decline and fall.
In many ways, this is Greer's most uncompromising work, though by no means without hope to offer. Knowing where we're headed collectively is a crucial step in responding constructively to the challenges of the future and doing what we can now to help our descendants make the most of the world we're leaving them.
John Michael Greer, historian of ideas and one of the...
- Historical Dictionary Of The Central African Republic (Historical Dictionaries Of Africa)
- Business Law: Principles For Today’s Commercial Environment
- Korean Folk Dance: Korean Culture Series 13
- Subversion And Surrealism In The Art Of Honoré Sharrer
- The O'Leary Series: Microsoft Office 2013
- The Institutional Repository (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Philip Trager: New York In The 1970s
- The Psychic Tarot For The Heart Oracle Deck: A 65-Card Deck And Guidebook
- Jerusalem, 1000-1400: Every People Under Heaven
- The One Show, Volume 38 (One Show Annual)
- Oxygen Deprived (The Kiglore Fire Series) (Volume 3)
- Coonhound Paralysis (Idiopathic Polyradiculoneuritis): Comprehensive Guide To The Facts, Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Lassiter (Jake Lassiter)
- Your Money Counts: The Biblical Guide To Earning, Spending, Saving, Investing, Giving, And Getting Out Of Debt
- Lutheranism 101 - All About Jesus
- Communication: Motivation, Knowledge, Skills / 3rd Edition
- Middlemarch In The Twenty-First Century
- Conversational Evangelism: Connecting With People To Share Jesus
- American Vernacular: Buildings And Interiors, 1870-1960