Making Big Words: Multilevel, Hands-On Spelling And Phonics Activities (A Good Apple Language Arts Activity Book For Grades 3-6)
Making Big Words: Multilevel, Hands-On Spelling and Phonics Activities (A Good Apple Language Arts Activity Book for Grades 3-6)
This innovative book combines phonics and spelling in 150 hands-on activities that will challenge children as they learn new words and sort them by letter patterns, prefixes, suffixes, and big word parts. With each lesson, students use pre-selected letters to make 15-20 words, starting with short words and building up to longer words. They will also discover that changing just one letter or the sequence of letters in a word can change its meaning. It also includes guidelines for creating lessons to suit your specific needs!
About the Author
Pat Cunningham is a professor of education at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Pat has taught first grade, fourth grade, and remedial reading and has over 30 years of teaching experience. She is involved in staff development with teachers and administrators across the United States. Pat was inducted into the International Reading Association’s Reading Hall of Fame in 2002.
Dottie Hall is a former curriculum coordinator who has taught first, second, third, and fourth grades, and at the college level. Dottie is the director of the...
- An Ancient Rome Chronology, 264-27 B.C.
- Chez Nous Media-Enhanced Version Plus MyFrenchLab (multi Semester Access) With EText -- Access Card Package (4th Edition)
- Methods Of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Industrialization Through The Great Depression, Grades 6 - 12 (American History Series)
- Sports Journalism: Context And Issues
- The Income Tax Map
- Scholastic Reader Level 1: Silly Milly
- The Tentmaking Pastor: The Joy Of Bivocational Ministry
- NKJV, Economy Bible, Paperback: Beautiful. Trustworthy. Today
- The Right Time - Large Print: A Novel (Random House Large Print)
- Duncan The Story Dragon
- Gods In Color: Polychromy In The Ancient World
- The River At Night
- The Practical Geologist: The Introductory Guide To The Basics Of Geology And To Collecting And Identifying Rocks
- American Sphinx: The Character Of Thomas Jefferson
- Luvable Friends Neutral 5 Pack Bodysuits
- Historium: Welcome To The Museum
- El Mesias De Dune/Dune Messiah (Spanish Edition)
- Windows Forensics
- An Introduction To Spiritual Therapeutics: Spiritual Psychology In Practice