Wrangling Women: Humor And Gender In The American West
Wrangling Women: Humor and Gender in the American West
Kristin McAndrews states that she “began to suspect that the reason there was so little scholarship on women’s humor was that male researchers didn’t understand it, or perhaps they didn’t recognize it.” To examine the humor of one group of women, she conducted interviews with Winthrop’s female wranglers, collecting stories about their lives as workers and as members of their community. For all these women, professional success depends on courage, ingenuity, a sense of humor, and a facility with language—as well as on an ability to perform within the traditional gender stereotypes evoked by their town’s Wild west image.
- Destructive Organizational Communication: Processes, Consequences, And Constructive Ways Of Organizing (Routledge Communication Series)
- Relive: Media Art Histories (Leonardo Book Series)
- Penny Treasure: Complete Guide To Big $ Pennies Found In Change (Treasure Hunting Made Easy)
- Idyllwild Through Time (America Through Time)
- Type Matters!
- Public Speaking: Storytelling Techniques For Electrifying Presentations
- A Conspiracy Of Paper: A Novel
- Mhra Style Guide. A Handbook For Authors And Editors. Third Edition.
- Rolling Thunder
- Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker: A Novel
- Atlas Of Surgical Anatomy And Embryology For General Surgeons
- Questions That Work: How To Ask Questions That Will Help You Succeed In Any Business Situation
- Construction Jobsite Management
- ASESITANO DE PITAGORAS DUOMO
- Be A Circle Maker: The Solution To 10,000 Problems
- Women Of The Silk: A Novel
- First Readers Anthology: Samuel L. Blumenfeld's Phonics Readers
- Thank You For Being You
- Boston In The American Revolution: A Town Versus An Empire (History & Guide)