Texas Almanac 2012–2013
Texas Almanac 2012–2013
First published in 1857, the Texas Almanac has a long history of chronicling the Lone Star State and its residents. The Almanac's 66th edition is printed in full color and includes hundreds of photographs from every region of the state. Color maps of the state and each of its 254 counties show relief, major and minor roads, waterways, parks, and other attractions. Each county map is accompanied by a profile outlining that county's history, physical features, recreation, population, and economy.
Special features in the 66th Edition include:
• An article on the birth of the Austin music scene and the influence on it by legendary musician Willie Nelson, written by Nelson biographer Joe Nick Patoski. The Austin music scene is recognized worldwide through Austin City Limits, the longest running music program on American television.
• A history of the Civil War in Texas to mark the 150th year since the beginning of that conflict. Composed by Texana writer Mike Cox, the article highlights the unique aspects of the war in Texas, such as the Great Hanging at Gainesville and the Battle of Palmito Ranch.
• Newly released 2010 population figures.
• A complete history of voter turnout in...
- El Golf No Es El Juego De La Perfeccion / Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect (Spanish Edition)
- God's Whispers To A Woman's Heart: A Devotional
- 20 Christmas Carols For Solo Trombone Book 1: Easy Christmas Sheet Music For Beginners (Volume 1)
- Disrupting Mobility: Impacts Of Sharing Economy And Innovative Transportation On Cities (Lecture Notes In Mobility)
- Sequencing: Cut And Paste Activities
- Judy Pfaff: Elephant January 26 - March 5, 1995 [An Installation For The Rose Art Museum]
- Mis Primeros Refranes Del Quijote / My First Quijote Sayings (Spanish Edition)
- La Sombra De Un Fotografo (Libro + CD) / The Shadow Of A Photographer (Leer En Espanol: Nivel 1) (Spanish Edition)
- Vanity Fair: The Portraits: A Century Of Iconic Images
- Methods & Theories Of Art History
- Together: The Rituals, Pleasures And Politics Of Cooperation
- Racial Bias In The Classroom: Can Teachers Reach All Children? (Innovations In Education)
- Can Do: A Collection Of Inspirational Quotes For Teens And Young Adults
- Into The Deep (Rock Harbor, Book 3)
- Peedie (Gossie & Friends)
- Jedi Twilight (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights I)
- Zen To Done: The Ultimate Simple Productivity System
- Clark The Shark
- Highlighted In Yellow: A Short Course In Living Wisely And Choosing Well
- Philosophy In Christian Antiquity