Texas Almanac 2012–2013
Texas Almanac 2012–2013
First published in 1857, the Texas Almanac has a long history of chronicling the Lone Star State and its residents. The Almanac's 66th edition is printed in full color and includes hundreds of photographs from every region of the state. Color maps of the state and each of its 254 counties show relief, major and minor roads, waterways, parks, and other attractions. Each county map is accompanied by a profile outlining that county's history, physical features, recreation, population, and economy.
Special features in the 66th Edition include:
• An article on the birth of the Austin music scene and the influence on it by legendary musician Willie Nelson, written by Nelson biographer Joe Nick Patoski. The Austin music scene is recognized worldwide through Austin City Limits, the longest running music program on American television.
• A history of the Civil War in Texas to mark the 150th year since the beginning of that conflict. Composed by Texana writer Mike Cox, the article highlights the unique aspects of the war in Texas, such as the Great Hanging at Gainesville and the Battle of Palmito Ranch.
• Newly released 2010 population figures.
• A complete history of voter turnout in...
- The Guardians: The League Of Nations And The Crisis Of Empire
- Flow In Sports: The Keys To Optimal Experiences And Performances
- Liars & Thieves
- Lyrics Notebook : Songwriter Notebook 8.5 X 11 With 104 Pages - Ruled/Lined Pages And Staff - For Musician, Music Lover, Songwriter (Lyric Journal) Vol.1: Lyrics Notebook
- How To Grow Stuff: Easy, No-stress Gardening For Beginners
- The Kid: The Immortal Life Of Ted Williams
- Kawaii Coloring Book: A Huge Adult Coloring Book Containing 40 Cute Japanese Style Coloring Pages For Adults And Kids (Anime And Manga Coloring Books) (Volume 1)
- Tenth Stone (A. D. Chronicles)
- Urban Planning And The African-American Community: In The Shadows
- The Count Of Monte Cristo (Word Cloud Classics)
- An Atlas Of The Sahara-Sahel: Geography, Economics And Security (West African Studies)
- Lumberjanes Vol. 2: Friendship To The Max
- Why Teach?: In Defense Of A Real Education
- The Writing Prompts Workbook, Grades 5-6: Story Starters For Journals, Assignments And More
- Art History For Filmmakers: The Art Of Visual Storytelling (Required Reading Range)
- Desarrollo De Juegos Para Android
- How Doctors Think
- Vegan For Everybody: Foolproof Plant-Based Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, And In-Between
- Unraveling The Past (Navy SEAL Defenders)
- DK Readers L3: Shark Attack!