The Post Carbon Reader: Managing The 21st Century's Sustainability Crises
The Post Carbon Reader: Managing the 21st Century's Sustainability Crises
In the 20th century, cheap and abundant energy brought previously unimaginable advances in health, wealth, and technology, and fed an explosion in population and consumption. But this growth came at an incredible cost. Climate change, peak oil, freshwater depletion, species extinction, and a host of economic and social problems now challenge us as never before. The Post Carbon Reader features articles by some of the world's most provocative thinkers on the key drivers shaping this new century, from renewable energy and urban agriculture to social justice and systems resilience. This unprecedented collection takes a hard-nosed look at the interconnected threats of our global sustainability quandary--as well as the most promising responses. The Post Carbon Reader is a valuable resource for policymakers, college classrooms, and concerned citizens.
WINNER MAY 2011: GOLD MEDAL Independent Publisher Book Award in Environment/Ecology/Nature category.
"The Post Carbon Reader is an invaluable primer, resource and textbook. This is what you need to know, period." Lester R. Brown, Pres. Earth Policy Institute, author Plan B 4.0 --Earth Policy Institute/Lester Brown
- Mathematics For Agriculture (2nd Edition)
- Berried To The Hilt (Gray Whale Inn Mystery)
- That's Still Not All Folks!!
- Pride, Prejudice And Politics In Dance: The Rise Of Dance As A Symbolic Power In Taiwan
- Red Cell: Rouge Warrior 2
- The Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes For Fast & Healthy Meals
- Gilbert Law Summaries On Accounting And Finance For Lawyers
- In My Room: The Recovery Journey As Encountered By A Psychiatrist
- Great Sedona Hikes Revised Fourth Edition: Fourth Edition (Volume 4)
- Amazon Echo: Amazon Echo Advanced User Guide (2017 Updated) : Step-by-Step Instructions To Enrich Your Smart Life (Amazon Echo User Manual, Alexa User Guide, Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Echo Tap)
- Naked And Marooned: One Man. One Island.
- Lane County Mathematics: Problem Solving In Mathematics, Grade 7
- Kukai: Major Works
- Teaching With Vitality: Pathways To Health And Wellness For Teachers And Schools
- Global Positioning System: Signals, Measurements, And Performance (Revised Second Edition)
- Jesse James Was His Name; Or, Fact And Fiction Concerning The Careers Of The Notorious James Brothers Of Missouri
- Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up And Slim Down With More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
- Look Me In The Eye: My Life With Asperger's
- Cindy's Supper Club: Meals From Around The World To Share With Family And Friends
- The Year Of The Rooster: Tales From The Chinese Zodiac