The Light Of Desire: La Luz Del Deseo (Spanish Edition)
The Light of Desire: La Luz del Deseo (Spanish Edition)
Marjorie Agosín’s intensely personal long poem The Light of Desire is both a secular and sacred meditation on love and its meanings in the land of Israel. Following the tradition of the Song of Songs and the secular poetry of Sepharad, the beloved in The Light of Desire is both physical and metaphorical. The lovers’ bodies are the paths, the geography, leading not only from desire to sensual pleasure, but to memory and illumination. The light on the pink stones of Jerusalem, the sunlight of Galilee, from hills to the sea, the fragrant air and “mantle of stars,” all become one in this tender, rhapsodic expression of longing and desire. This is not unrequited love, but rather a reciprocal passion that brings exquisite pleasure, pain, a sense of fragility, and the hope and belief in that which is eternal.
The poem was written over a four-year span in Jerusalem’s Mishkenot Sha’ananim neighborhood, overlooking the wall of the Second Temple, and these hallowed surroundings imbued Agosín’s poetic voice. Lori Marie Carlson’s sensitive translation maintains the spirit of the original Spanish in this bilingual edition.
- Living In . . . Egypt
- Irish Seattle (WA) (Images Of America)
- Bright Lights, Lonely Nights - The Memories Of Serena, Porn Star Pioneer Of The 1970s
- Landscapes For Art: Contemporary Sculpture Parks (Perspectives In Contemporary Sculpture)
- Hello Holy Spirit: God's Gift Of Live-in Help
- Leonardo Da Vinci Drawings Masterpieces Of Art
- Ghost Canoe
- The Lord Reigns - A Theological Handbook To The Psalms
- Visual Miscellaneum: The Bestselling Classic, Revised And Updated: A Colorful Guide To The World's Most Consequential Trivia
- Awkward Family Photos: An Adult Coloring Book For Anyone With A Colorful Family
- Advanced Topics In Revenue Law: Corporation Tax; International And European Tax; Savings; Charities
- A Fever In The Heart: And Other True Cases (Ann Rule's Crime Files)
- Browning Re-Viewed: Review Essays 1980-1995
- Arrow Over The Door (Puffin Chapters)
- Field Research: Strategies For A Natural Sociology (Prentice Hall Methods Of Social Science Series)
- Asteroid Hunters (TED Books)
- I See (Baby Beginner Board Books)
- Through It All, Triumph And Tragedy: It Is Well With My Soul!
- 103 Group Activities And TIPS (Treatment Ideas & Practical Strategies)
- Bulimia: A Guide To Recovery