From Java To Ruby: Things Every Manager Should Know (Pragmatic Programmers)
From Java to Ruby: Things Every Manager Should Know (Pragmatic Programmers)
As a development team, you want to be productive. You want to write flexible, maintainable web applications. You want to use Ruby and Rails. But can you justify the move away from established platforms such as J2EE? Bruce Tate's From Java to Ruby has the answers, and it expresses them in a language that'll help persuade managers and executives who've seen it all. See when and where the switch makes sense, and see how to make it.
If you're trying to adopt Ruby in your organization and need some help, this is the book for you.
Based on a decision tree (a concept familiar to managers and executives,) Java to Ruby stays above the low-level technical debate to examine the real benefits and risks to adoption.
Java to Ruby is packed with interviews of Ruby customers and developers, so you can see what types of projects are likely to succeed, and which ones are likely to fail. Ruby and Rails may be the answer, but first you need to be sure you're asking the right question. By addressing risk and fitness of purpose, Java to Ruby makes sure you're asking the right...
- Gorky Park (Arkady Renko, No. 1)
- MasteringGeography With Pearson EText -- Standalone Access Card -- For World Regions In Global Context: Peoples, Places, And Environments (6th Edition)
- Moving From What To What If?: Teaching Critical Thinking With Authentic Inquiry And Assessments
- Fewer, Bigger, Bolder: From Mindless Expansion To Focused Growth
- Complete Electronics Self-Teaching Guide With Projects
- Emptiness Of Emptiness: An Introduction To Early Indian Madhyamka
- Physical Therapy Documentation: From Examination To Outcome
- Hal Leonard Recording Method: Book 2 - Instrument And Vocal Recording, 2nd Edition
- The Four Seasons: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)
- Heard On The Street: Quantitative Questions From Wall Street Job Interviews
- An Introduction To A Course In Miracles
- General Motors Chevrolet Cobalt & Pontiac G5: 2005 Thru 2009 All Models (Haynes Repair Manual)
- 85 Days: The Last Campaign Of Robert Kennedy
- The Uncommon Reader: A Novella
- Successful Glamor Photography
- 46 Painting Lessons In Oil, Vol. 2
- Vern Blosum (Hapax)
- 202 Methods Of Forcing
- Forgotten People, Forgotten Diseases: The Neglected Tropical Diseases And Their Impact On Global Health And Development