Crave: Sojourn Of A Hungry Soul
Crave: Sojourn of a Hungry Soul
Crave: Sojourn of a Hungry Soul is a coming-of-age memoir that chronicles a young girl's journey through abuse and impoverishment. The effusive narration descends into the depths of personal and sexual degradation, perpetual hunger for food, safety and survival. While moving through gritty exposés of poverty, abuse, and starvation, Crave renders a continuing search for sustenance that simply will not die.
Laurie Jean Cannady is most recognizable through her voice. Lyrical and august, yet strangely intimate, her lucid memory for the texture of daily existence weaves the reader into the fabric of the story. We discover that the most slender threads bind the strongest.
It is no surprise this memoir is a narrative about a victim who becomes a survivor. Cannady is assertive, motivational, and unafraid to reach her target audience: women, African Americans, high-school students, college students, survivors of physical and sexual abuse, veterans, people raised by single parents, and folks who are living in or have lived through impoverishment.
Laurie Jean Cannady, a professor of English at Lock Haven University, spends much of her time encouraging students to realize their true potential. She is a consummate champion of women's issues, veterans' issues, and issues...
- Building Broadband Networks
- Seurat: 16 Art Stickers (Dover Art Stickers)
- Reef Creature Identification: Florida Caribbean Bahamas
- Electricity For Refrigeration, Heating, And Air Conditioning
- Society: The Basics (13th Edition)
- 100 Prayers For Your Marriage: Draw Close To Each Other And Closer To God
- Indiana History: A Book Of Readings
- Big Mazes & More
- Love 'Em Or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People To Stay
- On Bicycles: 50 Ways The New Bike Culture Can Change Your Life
- Ed Emberley's Big Green Drawing Book (Ed Emberley's Big Series)
- Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons)
- Alzheimer: Nunca Mas! (Spanish Edition)
- The End Of Print: The Grafik Design Of David Carson
- Faces Of Shoreditch
- Barrio-Logos: Space And Place In Urban Chicano Literature And Culture (History, Culture, And Society Series)
- Becoming A Master Manager: A Competing Values Approach
- The Forgotten War
- Bloodhound Calendar - Breed Specific Bloodhounds Calendar - 2016 Wall Calendars - Dog Calendars - Monthly Wall Calendar By Avonside