Crave: Sojourn Of A Hungry Soul
Crave: Sojourn of a Hungry Soul
Crave: Sojourn of a Hungry Soul is a coming-of-age memoir that chronicles a young girl's journey through abuse and impoverishment. The effusive narration descends into the depths of personal and sexual degradation, perpetual hunger for food, safety and survival. While moving through gritty exposés of poverty, abuse, and starvation, Crave renders a continuing search for sustenance that simply will not die.
Laurie Jean Cannady is most recognizable through her voice. Lyrical and august, yet strangely intimate, her lucid memory for the texture of daily existence weaves the reader into the fabric of the story. We discover that the most slender threads bind the strongest.
It is no surprise this memoir is a narrative about a victim who becomes a survivor. Cannady is assertive, motivational, and unafraid to reach her target audience: women, African Americans, high-school students, college students, survivors of physical and sexual abuse, veterans, people raised by single parents, and folks who are living in or have lived through impoverishment.
Laurie Jean Cannady, a professor of English at Lock Haven University, spends much of her time encouraging students to realize their true potential. She is a consummate champion of women's issues, veterans' issues, and issues...
- Ethics: Theory And Contemporary Issues
- Neil Gaiman/Chris Riddell 3-Book Box Set: Coraline; The Graveyard Book; Fortunately, The Milk
- Grace Kelly Of Monaco: The Inspiring Story Of How An American Film Star Became A Princess
- Software Engineering Research, Management And Applications (Studies In Computational Intelligence)
- Street Politics: Poor People's Movements In Iran
- St. Matthew Passion, BWV 244, In Full Score (Dover Miniature Scores)
- When Trucks Stop Running: Energy And The Future Of Transportation (SpringerBriefs In Energy)
- Space And Defense Policy (Space Power And Politics)
- I Love You More
- Communicating In French (Novice Level)
- Feminist Research Practice: A Primer
- The Yoga Of Jesus: Understanding The Hidden Teachings Of The Gospels (Self-Realization Fellowship)
- Emergency Medicine PreTest Self-Assessment And Review, Third Edition
- Fundamentals Of English Grammar - Second Edition
- Summer Bridge Activities®, Grades K - 1
- Science And Religion: Beyond Warfare And Toward Understanding
- The Great Treatise On The Stages Of The Path To Enlightenment (Volume 2) (The Lamrim Chenmo)
- Sustainability Principles And Practice
- Managing Nonprofit Organizations
- Let's Cook French, A Family Cookbook: Cuisinons Francais, Un Livre Pour Toute La Famille