War Front To Store Front: Americans Rebuilding Trust And Hope In Nations Under Fire
War Front to Store Front: Americans Rebuilding Trust and Hope in Nations Under Fire
As the top-ranking official at the U.S. Department of Defense in charge of economic rebuilding, Brinkley and his organization of hundreds of business volunteers struggled against bureaucratic policies to revolutionize foreign aid by leveraging America's strength—its private sector. In doing so, his team demonstrated success in the midst of failure, and created hundreds of thousands of jobs in areas long written off by the civilian bureaucracy as hopeless.
Reporting directly to Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, Brinkley spent five years overseeing economic improvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. The lessons learned in these two nations were soon extended into the war-torn nations of Pakistan, Rwanda, and Sudan.
Brinkley, who worked under both the George W. Bush and Barack Obama Administrations, reveals why American foreign policy has left these nations in the Middle East and Africa disappointed, resentful, and suspicious of American intentions. Optimistic that America can deliver on its economic promise, Brinkley outlines in War Front to Store Front the necessary changes in U.S. foreign policy if we want to rebuild and revitalize an economy under fire.
- Tigers Forever: Saving The World's Most Endangered Big Cat
- La Divina Proporción
- Murder In Three Volumes (A Booktown Mystery)
- Living With The Earth, Third Edition: Concepts In Environmental Health Science (Living With The Earth: Concepts In Environmental Health Science)
- Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips And Tricks To Become An Organization Junkie And Love It!
- El Chapo: Blood Money: The True Story Of The Most Famous Drug Lord (True Crime) (Volume 1)
- Datums And Map Projections: For Remote Sensing, GIS And Surveying, Second Edition
- Enlightened Real Estate: Transforming Ourselves And The World Around Us
- Gangs Of St. Louis: Men Of Respect
- Shaping Sound Musicians/G5739
- Angel Of Love: Heat My Frozen Heart
- Art Deco: The Golden Age Of Graphic Art & Illustration (Masterworks)
- Applied Cyberpsychology: Practical Applications Of Cyberpsychological Theory And Research
- Poems, 1965-1975: Death Of A Naturalist / Door Into The Dark / Wintering Out / North
- BLANK Sketchbook For Kids: Extra Large-Made With Standard White Paper-Best For Crayons, Colored Pencils, Watercolor Paints And Very Light Fine Tip Markers
- Arabic Phrases For Dummies
- The Discovery Of The Unconscious: The History And Evolution Of Dynamic Psychiatry
- Great Bear Wild: Dispatches From A Northern Rainforest