Introduction To Cosmetic Formulation And Technology
Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation and Technology
Designed as an educational and training text, this book provides a clear and easily understandable review of cosmetics and over the counter (OTC) drug-cosmetic products. The text features learning objectives, key concepts, and key terms at the beginning and review questions and glossary of terms at the end of each chapter section.
• Overviews functions, product design, formulation and development, and quality control of cosmetic ingredients
• Discusses physiological, pharmaceutical, and formulation knowledge of decorative care products
• Reviews basic terms and definitions used in the cosmetic industry and provides an overview of the regulatory environment in the US
• Includes learning objectives, key concepts, and key terms at the beginning and review questions and glossary of terms at the end of each chapter section
• Has PowerPoint slides as ancillaries, downloadable from the book's wiley.com page, for adopting professors
From the Back Cover
Cosmetic science is an interdisciplinary science involving chemistry, biology, formulation science, pharmacology, marketing, and law. With an increasing number of cosmetic products aimed at special target audiences and gaining importance with consumers, the need for innovation and creative thinking to address the cosmetic...