ADME And Translational Pharmacokinetics / Pharmacodynamics Of Therapeutic Proteins: Applications In Drug Discovery And Development
ADME and Translational Pharmacokinetics / Pharmacodynamics of Therapeutic Proteins: Applications in Drug Discovery and Development
With an emphasis on the fundamental and practical aspects of ADME for therapeutic proteins, this book helps readers strategize, plan and implement translational research for biologic drugs.
• Details cutting-edge ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion) and PKPD (pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamics) modeling for biologic drugs
• Combines theoretical with practical aspects of ADME in biologic drug discovery and development and compares innovator biologics with biosimilar biologics and small molecules with biologics, giving a lessons-learned perspective
• Includes case studies about leveraging ADME to improve biologics drug development for monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, pegylated proteins, ADCs, bispecifics, and vaccines
• Presents regulatory expectations and industry perspectives for developing biologic drugs in USA, EU, and Japan
• Provides mechanistic insight into biodistribution and target-driven pharmacokinetics in important sites of action such as tumors and the brain
"At the outset, one?s impressed with the scope of the book; it provides an outline of very diverse topics starting with the basics of protein engineering and how these are used to design and manipulate the ADME properties of recombinant and synthetic proteins...The authors have to...