Substation Automation Systems: Design And Implementation
Substation Automation Systems: Design and Implementation
Substation Automation Systems: Design and Implementation aims to close the gap created by fast changing technologies impacting on a series of legacy principles related to how substation secondary systems are conceived and implemented. It is intended to help those who have to define and implement SAS, whilst also conforming to the current industry best practice standards.
- Project-oriented approach to all practical aspects of SAS design and project development.
- Uniquely focusses on the rapidly changing control aspect of substation design, using novel communication technologies and IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Devices).
- Covers the complete chain of SAS components and related equipment instead of purely concentrating on intelligent electronic devices and communication networks.
- Discusses control and monitoring facilities for auxiliary power systems.
- Contributes significantly to the understanding of the standard IEC 61850, which is viewed as a “black box” for a significant number of professionals around the world.
- Explains standard IEC 61850 – Communication networks and systems for power utility automation – to support all new systems networked to perform control, monitoring, automation, metering and protection functions.
Written for practical application, this book is a valuable resource for professionals operating within different SAS...