Queen Bee Moms & Kingpin Dads: Dealing With The Difficult Parents In Your Child's Life
Queen Bee Moms & Kingpin Dads: Dealing with the Difficult Parents in Your Child's Life
What happens to Queen Bees and Wannabes when they grow up?
Even the most well-adjusted moms and dads can experience peer pressure and conflicts with other adults that make them act like they’re back in seventh grade. In Queen Bee Moms & Kingpin Dads, Rosalind Wiseman gives us the tools to handle difficult situations involving teachers and other parents with grace. Reassuring, funny, and unfailingly honest, Wiseman reveals:
• Why PTA meetings and Back-to-School nights tap into parents’ deepest insecurities
• How to recognize the archetypal moms and dads—from Caveman Dad to Hovercraft Mom
• How and when to step in and step out of your child’s conflicts with other children, parents, teachers, or coaches
• How to interpret the code phrases other parents use to avoid (or provoke) confrontation
• Why too many well-meaning dads sit on the sidelines, and how vital it is that they step up to the plate
• What to do and say when the playing field becomes an arena for people to bully and dominate other kids and adults
• How to have respectful yet honest conversations with other parents about sex and drugs when your...