500 Cameras: 170 Years Of Photographic Innovation
500 Cameras: 170 Years of Photographic Innovation
From the world-famous Eastman House comes a lavish, expansive guide to nearly 200 years of photographic invention and innovation. Richly visual and wonderfully informative, it showcases 500 groundbreaking cameras from the museum's collection that forever changed our perception of the world, and of ourselves.
Todd Gustavson, curator of technology at the George Eastman House, organizes the cameras into genealogical categories--from detective to digital, stereo to subminiature. Alongside the 35mm, you'll see curiosities like stereoscopic cameras, postcard cameras, and spy cameras hidden in watches, buttons, and fountain pens.
Essays by experts in the field--including Robert Shanebrook, Martin Scott, and Mark Osterman--trace the technological development of the camera and provide insight into the innovators behind the lens.
"With so many pages of beautiful photographs and text, this is a book that any photographer or camera collector would want to own . . . Highly recommended." --Choice
About the Author
Todd Gustavson is curator of technology at the George Eastman House in Rochester, New York. He is responsible for the cataloging, storage, and maintenance of one of the world's largest collections of photographic and cinematic equipment, containing more...
- The Interface Effect
- Champ And Me By The Maple Tree: A Vermont Tale (Shankman & O'Neill)
- Communalism, Caste And Hindu Nationalism: The Violence In Gujarat
- The Validation Breakthrough: Simple Techniques For Communicating With People With Alzheimer's And Other Dementias
- Excellence In Public Relations And Communication Management (Routledge Communication Series)
- A Nearer Moon
- Private Paris
- A Life Of Jesus
- Historic Jacksonville Theatre Palaces, Drive-ins And Movie Houses (Landmarks)
- Grasping Things: Folk Material Culture And Mass Society In America
- The Get Rich Quick Club
- The Unfolding Life: Counseling Across The Lifespan
- The Hobbit
- 50 Best Illusions (Hobby Tins)
- Convex Optimization Algorithms
- Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink
- The Fall Of Princes: A Novel
- The Jamestown Project
- Cartooning: Character Design (HT291) (How To Draw & Paint)
- Kids Knitting: Projects For Kids Of All Ages