500 Cameras: 170 Years Of Photographic Innovation
500 Cameras: 170 Years of Photographic Innovation
From the world-famous Eastman House comes a lavish, expansive guide to nearly 200 years of photographic invention and innovation. Richly visual and wonderfully informative, it showcases 500 groundbreaking cameras from the museum's collection that forever changed our perception of the world, and of ourselves.
Todd Gustavson, curator of technology at the George Eastman House, organizes the cameras into genealogical categories--from detective to digital, stereo to subminiature. Alongside the 35mm, you'll see curiosities like stereoscopic cameras, postcard cameras, and spy cameras hidden in watches, buttons, and fountain pens.
Essays by experts in the field--including Robert Shanebrook, Martin Scott, and Mark Osterman--trace the technological development of the camera and provide insight into the innovators behind the lens.
"With so many pages of beautiful photographs and text, this is a book that any photographer or camera collector would want to own . . . Highly recommended." --Choice
About the Author
Todd Gustavson is curator of technology at the George Eastman House in Rochester, New York. He is responsible for the cataloging, storage, and maintenance of one of the world's largest collections of photographic and cinematic equipment, containing more...
- SOLIDWORKS 2016 Advanced Techniques
- Women In Love
- Experiences In Translation (Emilio Goggio Publications Series)
- Imitating Christ: Becoming More Like Jesus
- Beginning Birdwatcher's Book: With 48 Stickers (Dover Children's Activity Books)
- Diet Recovery 2
- Human Resource Development
- Choosing My Religion: A Memoir Of A Family Beyond Belief
- International Management: Culture, Strategy, And Behavior, 8th Edition
- Study Of Pose: 1,000 Poses By Coco Rocha
- Black Mountain College: Experiment In Art
- Christmas Jazzin' About For Violin: Classic Christmas Hits (Faber Edition: Jazzin' About)
- Crossing Boundaries: Tension And Transformation In International Service-Learning
- Calculus Of Several Variables (Undergraduate Texts In Mathematics)
- Write Away: One Novelist's Approach To Fiction And The Writing Life
- Elements Of Computer Music
- Refugees In A Global Era
- Inquiry In Education, Volume I: The Conceptual Foundations For Research As A Curricular Imperative (Educational Psychology Series) (Volume 1)
- Henry Mancini - Jazz Play-Along Volume 154 (Cd/Pkg) (Hal Leonard Jazz Play-Along)
- Five Keys To Raising Boys Book