500 Cameras: 170 Years Of Photographic Innovation
500 Cameras: 170 Years of Photographic Innovation
From the world-famous Eastman House comes a lavish, expansive guide to nearly 200 years of photographic invention and innovation. Richly visual and wonderfully informative, it showcases 500 groundbreaking cameras from the museum's collection that forever changed our perception of the world, and of ourselves.
Todd Gustavson, curator of technology at the George Eastman House, organizes the cameras into genealogical categories--from detective to digital, stereo to subminiature. Alongside the 35mm, you'll see curiosities like stereoscopic cameras, postcard cameras, and spy cameras hidden in watches, buttons, and fountain pens.
Essays by experts in the field--including Robert Shanebrook, Martin Scott, and Mark Osterman--trace the technological development of the camera and provide insight into the innovators behind the lens.
"With so many pages of beautiful photographs and text, this is a book that any photographer or camera collector would want to own . . . Highly recommended." --Choice
About the Author
Todd Gustavson is curator of technology at the George Eastman House in Rochester, New York. He is responsible for the cataloging, storage, and maintenance of one of the world's largest collections of photographic and cinematic equipment, containing more...
- Behavioral Activation: Distinctive Features (CBT Distinctive Features)
- Differentiated Reading For Comprehension, Grade 5
- Designing For Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) Foundation Learning Guide: CCDP ARCH 300-320 (4thEdition) (Foundation Learning Guides)
- W61TP - Tradition Of Excellence Book 1 Trumpet/Cornet
- Shadow On The Sun
- A Discovery Of Witches (All Souls Trilogy)
- Molecular Gastronomy: Scientific Cuisine Demystified
- Visits To The Blessed Sacrament
- Basic Facts About Dyslexia & Other Reading Problems
- Judaism As A Civilization: Toward A Reconstruction Of American-Jewish Life
- The President, Congress, And The Constitution: Power And Legitimacy In American Politics
- Mere Discipleship: Radical Christianity In A Rebellious World
- Brain Power
- An Applied Guide To Research Designs: Quantitative, Qualitative, And Mixed Methods
- Analysis Of Variance Designs: A Conceptual And Computational Approach With SPSS And SAS
- Treachery In Death
- How To Make Money With Digital Photography (A Lark Photography Book)
- Gay For Pay
- Critical Issues In Music Education: Contemporary Theory And Practice
- The Financial Obligation In International Law