Mind And Cognition: An Anthology
Mind and Cognition: An Anthology
First published in 1990, Mind and Cognition: An Anthology is now firmly established as a popular teaching apparatus for upper level undergraduate and graduate courses in the philosophy of mind.
- Brings together the most important classic and contemporary articles in philosophy of mind and cognition
- Completely revised and updated throughout, in response to feedback from teachers in the field
- Now includes 20 new readings
- Each updated part opens with a brief, synoptic introduction to the individual field and a comprehensive further reading list
- Each section also includes three to four of the most influential papers that have been written in the philosophy of mind over the last 40 years
“Since it appeared almost 20 years ago, Mind and Cognition has been the premiere anthology in contemporary philosophy of mind. This judiciously updated edition secures its position for the foreseeable future.”
Shaun Nichols, University of Arizona
“An enormously useful collection, including representative articles not only on the multitude of positions before and after the ‘cognitive revolution’, but also on topics such as the...