An Illustrated Guide To The Holy Land For Tour Groups, Students, And Pilgrims
An Illustrated Guide to the Holy Land for Tour Groups, Students, and Pilgrims
The Holy Land has immense significance around the world. As the geographic heart and soul of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, millions visit the region each year. But since the fifth century BC, enthusiastic and curious people have needed a guide as they travel to see the sites for themselves. This book not only gives the historical, archaeological descriptions wedded to the biblical text, but it is an appropriate resource for spiritual formation and cross-cultural dialog.
Packed with the latest information, this book locates and introduces the reader to popular and less-familiar sites such as Bethlehem, Shepherds’ Field, Church of the Nativity, Roman Catholic Church of St. Catherine, the Herodium, Mount of Olives, Old City of Jerusalem, Wadi Kelt, Mt. Sinai, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Church of St. Mary of the Latins, Temple Mount, El-Aksa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, Hezekiah's Tunnel, the traditional place of the Last Supper, Siloam Pool, the traditional tomb of King David, the house of Caiphas the High Priest, Shrine of the Book, Herod's Antonio Fortress, Golgotha, Bethany, Tomb of Lazarus, Bethphage, Pater Noster Church, Gethsemane, and...
- American English File 2 Student Book
- Unreasonable Men: Theodore Roosevelt And The Republican Rebels Who Created Progressive Politics
- Crear Un Blog Con Wordpress: La Guía Definitiva Para La Creación De Webs Profesionales Con Wordpress (Marketing Online) (Volume 2) (Spanish Edition)
- Wild Ideas: Let Nature Inspire Your Thinking
- Batavia's Graveyard: The True Story Of The Mad Heretic Who Led History's Bloodiest Mutiny
- What's On My Head? (Look Baby! Books)
- Teaching Social Communication To Children With Autism: A Practitioner's Guide To Parent Training / A Manual For Parents (2 Volume Set)
- Design And Layout Of Foodservice Facilities
- Dot Journal: Couple On The Beach 6x9: Journal With Dotted Pages (Watercolors)
- Real World" Ethics: Frameworks For Educators And Human Service Professionals (Professional Ethics, 11) (Professional Ethics In Education Series)
- All The Great Prizes: The Life Of John Hay, From Lincoln To Roosevelt
- Devising Theatre: A Practical And Theoretical Handbook
- Cats In English Porcelain Of The 19th Century
- Conversational Spanish In 7 Days
- Perspectives On The Renaissance Medal: Portrait Medals Of The Renaissance (Garland Studies In The Renaissance)
- Stop Acting Rich: ...And Start Living Like A Real Millionaire
- A Thirty-Day Walk With God In The Psalms: A Devotional From The Author Of 'A Place Of Quiet Rest'
- Cosmetic Facial Surgery, 1e
- Acadian Tapestry Address Book (Address Books)