An Illustrated Guide To The Holy Land For Tour Groups, Students, And Pilgrims
An Illustrated Guide to the Holy Land for Tour Groups, Students, and Pilgrims
The Holy Land has immense significance around the world. As the geographic heart and soul of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, millions visit the region each year. But since the fifth century BC, enthusiastic and curious people have needed a guide as they travel to see the sites for themselves. This book not only gives the historical, archaeological descriptions wedded to the biblical text, but it is an appropriate resource for spiritual formation and cross-cultural dialog.
Packed with the latest information, this book locates and introduces the reader to popular and less-familiar sites such as Bethlehem, Shepherds’ Field, Church of the Nativity, Roman Catholic Church of St. Catherine, the Herodium, Mount of Olives, Old City of Jerusalem, Wadi Kelt, Mt. Sinai, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Church of St. Mary of the Latins, Temple Mount, El-Aksa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, Hezekiah's Tunnel, the traditional place of the Last Supper, Siloam Pool, the traditional tomb of King David, the house of Caiphas the High Priest, Shrine of the Book, Herod's Antonio Fortress, Golgotha, Bethany, Tomb of Lazarus, Bethphage, Pater Noster Church, Gethsemane, and...
- C Programming For Beginners: The Simple Guide To Learning C Programming Language Fast!
- Sweetie Pie's Cookbook: Soulful Southern Recipes, From My Family To Yours
- A Philosophy Of Music Education: Advancing The Vision (3rd Edition)
- Inkspirations For A Happy Heart: Inspired Coloring Designs To Lift Your Spirit And Feed Your Soul
- Black & White Photography Mast
- Mein Kampf
- The Wordsmiths: Oscar Hammerstein 2nd And Alan Jay Lerner (The Great Songwriters Series)
- Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology And My Harrowing Escape
- Donny Hathaway's Donny Hathaway Live (33 1/3)
- A Book Of Psalms: Selected And Adapted From The Hebrew
- Power Electronics Basics: Operating Principles, Design, Formulas, And Applications
- Eugene McCarthy: The Rise And Fall Of Postwar American Liberalism
- Seneca: Moral Essays, Volume III. De Beneficiis. (Loeb Classical Library No. 310)
- The Book Of Secrets: Unlocking The Hidden Dimensions Of Your Life
- How Do Catholics Read The Bible? (The Come & See Series)
- Perspective For The Beginning Artist: More Than 40 Techniques For Understanding The Principles Of Perspective
- The Story Of The World: History For The Classical Child: Ancient Times: Tests And Answer Key (Vol. 1) (Story Of The World)
- Rethinking Interdisciplinarity Across The Social Sciences And Neurosciences
- Brick Vehicles: Amazing Air, Land, And Sea Machines To Build From LEGO®
- The Mental Game Of Baseball: A Guide To Peak Performance