An Illustrated Guide To The Holy Land For Tour Groups, Students, And Pilgrims
An Illustrated Guide to the Holy Land for Tour Groups, Students, and Pilgrims
The Holy Land has immense significance around the world. As the geographic heart and soul of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, millions visit the region each year. But since the fifth century BC, enthusiastic and curious people have needed a guide as they travel to see the sites for themselves. This book not only gives the historical, archaeological descriptions wedded to the biblical text, but it is an appropriate resource for spiritual formation and cross-cultural dialog.
Packed with the latest information, this book locates and introduces the reader to popular and less-familiar sites such as Bethlehem, Shepherds’ Field, Church of the Nativity, Roman Catholic Church of St. Catherine, the Herodium, Mount of Olives, Old City of Jerusalem, Wadi Kelt, Mt. Sinai, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Church of St. Mary of the Latins, Temple Mount, El-Aksa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, Hezekiah's Tunnel, the traditional place of the Last Supper, Siloam Pool, the traditional tomb of King David, the house of Caiphas the High Priest, Shrine of the Book, Herod's Antonio Fortress, Golgotha, Bethany, Tomb of Lazarus, Bethphage, Pater Noster Church, Gethsemane, and...
- How To STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, And Math Education In Libraries
- Liberty's Last Stand (Tommy Carmellini Series)
- Pat Green's Dance Halls & Dreamers
- Commander Toad And The Voyage Home
- The Last Fish Tale: The Fate Of The Atlantic And Survival In Gloucester, America's Oldest Fishing Port And Most Original Town
- RESTful .NET: Build And Consume RESTful Web Services With .NET 3.5
- Simulation With Arena (Irwin Industrial Engineering)
- West Virginia Atlas & Gazetteer
- Dancing: Waltz And Cha-cha
- Out Of Latvia: The Son Of A Latvian Immigrant Searches For His Roots.
- Coloring Books For Adults Hippo Mandalas (Animals & Mandalas)
- Passing By: Selected Essays, 1962-1991 (Kosinski, Jerzy)
- My Aunt A To Z Fill In The Blank Gift Book (A To Z Gift Books) (Volume 22)
- Joan Sutherland: A Tribute
- Baryshnikovs Nutcrack
- The Master Cleanse Coach: Expert Coaching For You And Your Friends
- Currents Of Change: Art And Life Along The Mississippi River, 1850-1861
- Biological Sequence Analysis: Probabilistic Models Of Proteins And Nucleic Acids
- Homo Deus / Homo Deus: A Brief History Of Tomorrow (Spanish Edition)
- The Power Of If: Excerpts From If