Chronic Diseases [2 Volumes]: An Encyclopedia Of Causes, Effects, And Treatments
Chronic Diseases [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Effects, and Treatments
This comprehensive two-volume work provides an overview of an area of growing concern, offering readers a one-stop resource for researching the chronic conditions that increasingly plague our society.
• Presents comprehensive, up-to-date information in an easily accessible style
• Examines the many facets of researching, diagnosing, and controlling chronic diseases
• Covers preventive measures such as selecting a nutrition plan, physical activity, vaccinations, and screenings
• Explores topics within their historical and societal context and in correlation with the standards of health education
• Brings together the expertise of a wide range of respected professionals
"This is a useful set for public, high school, and consumer-health libraries in need." - Booklist
" As a resource tool, Chronic Diseases delineates disease and disorder, health options, support organizations, and long-term projections for those living with chronic illness. This book is suitable for high school and undergraduate students seeking introduction to subjects of chronic conditions. Librarians working with the general public, patients, and caregivers will want to have this reference available to all. Recommended." - ARBA
"[H]elpful to academic or health-science library patrons as well as those in public libraries seeking...