The Wiley-Blackwell Companion To Economic Geography
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Economic Geography
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Economic Geography presents students and researchers with a comprehensive overview of the field, put together by a prestigious editorial team, with contributions from an international cast of prominent scholars.
- Offers a fully revised, expanded, and up-to-date overview, following the successful and highly regarded Companion to Economic Geography published by Blackwell a decade earlier, providing a comprehensive assessment of the field
- Takes a prospective as well as retrospective look at the field, reviewing recent developments, recurrent challenges, and emerging agendas
- Incorporates diverse perspectives (in terms of specialty, demography and geography) of up and coming scholars, going beyond a focus on Anglo-American research
- Encourages authors and researchers to engage with and contextualize their situated perspectives
- Explores areas of overlap, dialogues, and (potential) engagement between economic geography and cognate disciplines
“The editors have done an outstanding job of representing, through the collection of chapters in the Companion, economic geography in all its guises, with chapters being authored by both more and less senior figures (albeit as the editors admit with a bias toward the Euro-American world in terms of...