The Good Writing Guide For Education Students (SAGE Study Skills Series)
The Good Writing Guide for Education Students (SAGE Study Skills Series)
This accessible guide to writing academically is based on the author′s many years of experience helping students to improve their writing and get better marks in assignments. The advice works because it uses real examples of students′ work to explain what tutors look for and how to get there.
New to this Third Edition:
- Increased coverage of plagiarism (and how to avoid it)
- How to show critical reflection and judgment
- Turning useful notes from lectures and readings into powerful written argument
- Updated material on citations and references
- New examples of students′ work
- Developing an academic ′voice′
'I am delighted to see this new edition. As well as the wealth of knowledge provided in earlier versions, new and welcome additions address emerging priorities for university education courses and invite the reader's active participation. It will be at the top of my department's reading lists!'
- Dr Shereen Benjamin, Senior Lecturer in Primary Education
The University of Edinburgh
'A highly appropriate text for all education students, the inclusion/analysis of tutors' comments alongside the existing Top Tips enhances the advice given. The close analysis of student work, identification of both effective and ineffective features...