Illustrated Guide To Home Forensic Science Experiments: All Lab, No Lecture (Diy Science)
Illustrated Guide to Home Forensic Science Experiments: All Lab, No Lecture (Diy Science)
Have you ever wondered whether the forensic science you’ve seen on TV is anything like the real thing? There’s no better way to find out than to roll up your sleeves and do it yourself. This full-color book offers advice for setting up an inexpensive home lab, and includes more than 50 hands-on lab sessions that deal with forensic science experiments in biology, chemistry, and physics. You’ll learn the practical skills and fundamental knowledge needed to pursue forensics as a lifelong hobby—or even a career.
The forensic science procedures in this book are not merely educational, they’re the real deal. Each chapter includes one or more lab sessions devoted to a particular topic. You’ll find a complete list of equipment and chemicals you need for each session.
- Analyze soil, hair, and fibers
- Match glass and plastic specimens
- Develop latent fingerprints and reveal blood traces
- Conduct drug and toxicology tests
- Analyze gunshot and explosives residues
- Detect forgeries and fakes
- Analyze impressions, such as tool marks and footprints
- Match pollen and diatom samples
- Extract, isolate, and visualize DNA samples
Through their company, The Home Scientist, LLC (thehomescientist.com/forensics), the authors also offer inexpensive custom kits that provide specialized equipment and supplies...
- Vintage Prints: Shells
- Principles Of Health Navigation: Understanding Roles And Career Options
- Historia De Los Infiernos / History Of Hell (Paidos Surcos) (Spanish Edition)
- Last Stand: Ted Turner's Quest To Save A Troubled Planet
- Common Prayer: A Liturgy For Ordinary Radicals
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy
- Tom Paine And Revolutionary America
- Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide To Writing
- Tom Claassen
- Collision Course: Endless Growth On A Finite Planet (MIT Press)
- Anarchism/Minarchism: Is A Government Part Of A Free Country?
- Making Work Work For The Highly Sensitive Person (NTC Self-Help)
- Three Magic Letters: Getting To Ph.D.
- Theological Foundations: Concepts And Methods For Understanding Christian Faith
- Hyper-Grace: Exposing The Dangers Of The Modern Grace Message
- How To Get A Job And Succeed As A Professional Photographer
- Rest In God & A Calamity In Contemporary Christianity
- Pricking The Vessels: Bloodletting Therapy In Chinese Medicine
- The Reckoning: Women Artists Of The New Millennium
- The Wisdom Of Wallace D. Wattles: Including: The Science Of Getting Rich, The Science Of Being Great & The Science Of Being Well