From the author of The Physician and Shaman now comes this story of a young man—the grapes he grows, the wine he fashions, the women he loves, and his struggle against an evil that seeks to destroy him. Already an international bestseller.
Josep Alvarez is a young man in the tiny grape-growing village of Santa Eulália, in northern Spain, where his father grows black grapes that are turned into cheap vinegar. Joseph loves the agricultural life, but he is the second son, and his father’s vineyard will be inherited by his brother Donat, the firstborn. Josep needs to keep his hands in the soil. He yearns for a job growing grapes and for an opportunity to marry Teresa Gallego.
In Madrid, an assassination plot, conceived against the political leader of Spain by men of wealth and power, creates a storm of intrigue that sucks into its vortex a group of innocent young farm workers in Santa Eulália. How Josep’s life is changed drastically by these events, and how, ironically, they gradually turn him into an inspired vintner with an evolving vision of life, is the fascinating story of The Winemaker.
- Mr. Dooley And The Chicago Irish: The Autobiography Of A Nineteenth-Century Ethnic Group
- Awe 32: The Musicians' Guide
- Return From Exile: Overcoming Loss, Failure, And Personal Setbacks
- Pato Esta Sucio/ Pato Is Durty (Spanish Edition)
- A History Of White Magic
- Remembering Josephine Baker
- Stand-up: A Professional Guide To Comedy Magic
- The Power Of A Woman's Words
- Winter Sky
- Applied Longitudinal Analysis
- How Grammar Works: A Self-Teaching Guide
- Why Am I Scared Of Everything?: A Diary Of Our Greatest Worries And Inspirational Quotes To Remember
- Dennis Oppenheim
- Writing Fiction Step By Step
- The Ultimate Guide To Machine Quilting: Long-arm And Sit-down - Learn When, Where, Why, And How To Finish Your Quilts
- Oxford Collocations Dictionary
- In Our Own Voices: Four Centuries Of American Women's Religious Writing
- Comfort Secrets For Busy Women: Finding Your Way When Your Life Is Overflowing
- Living The Law Of One 101: The Choice