From the author of The Physician and Shaman now comes this story of a young man—the grapes he grows, the wine he fashions, the women he loves, and his struggle against an evil that seeks to destroy him. Already an international bestseller.
Josep Alvarez is a young man in the tiny grape-growing village of Santa Eulália, in northern Spain, where his father grows black grapes that are turned into cheap vinegar. Joseph loves the agricultural life, but he is the second son, and his father’s vineyard will be inherited by his brother Donat, the firstborn. Josep needs to keep his hands in the soil. He yearns for a job growing grapes and for an opportunity to marry Teresa Gallego.
In Madrid, an assassination plot, conceived against the political leader of Spain by men of wealth and power, creates a storm of intrigue that sucks into its vortex a group of innocent young farm workers in Santa Eulália. How Josep’s life is changed drastically by these events, and how, ironically, they gradually turn him into an inspired vintner with an evolving vision of life, is the fascinating story of The Winemaker.
- The Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Handbook
- Cooking The Russian Way (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks)
- Las Comidas De Jamie Oliver En 15 Minutos (Spanish Edition)
- Maybe Something Beautiful: How Art Transformed A Neighborhood
- Neuroanatomía Humana (Spanish Edition)
- Launch Your Encore: Finding Adventure And Purpose Later In Life
- Bloom County Episode XI: A New Hope
- Chord Tone Soloing: A Guitarist's Guide To Melodic Improvising In Any Style Book & Online Audio (Musicians Institute: Private Lessons)
- Lost In The Stars: The Forgotten Musical Life Of Alexander Siloti
- Globalization: The Key Concepts
- A Heat Transfer Textbook: Fourth Edition (Dover Civil And Mechanical Engineering)
- Fatima Mysteries: Mary's Message To The Modern Age
- In Praise Of The New Knighthood: A Treatise On The Knights Templar And The Holy Places Of Jerusalem
- The Seed Principle
- There's More To Life Than This: Healing Messages, Remarkable Stories, And Insight About The Other Side From The Long Island Medium
- 31 Selected Duets For Two Clarinets: Intermediate/Advanced
- Japones Para El Viajero (Lonely Planet Spanish Guides) (Spanish Edition)
- How To Paint Fast, Loose And Bold: Simple Techniques For Expressive Painting
- American Girls Handy Book: How To Amuse Yourself And Others (Nonpareil Books)
- The Ballet Of The Second Empire, 1847-1858