Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting And Got A Life
Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life
A hilarious and inspiring memoir about one young woman's journey to find a better path to both physical and mental health.
At twenty-nine, Kelsey Miller had done it all: crash diets, healthy diets, and nutritionist-prescribed "eating plans," which are diets that you pay more money for. She'd been fighting her un-thin body since early childhood, and after a lifetime of failure, finally hit bottom. No diet could transform her body or her life. There was no shortcut to skinny salvation. She'd dug herself into this hole, and now it was time to climb out of it.
With the help of an Intuitive Eating coach and fitness professionals, she learned how to eat based on her body's instincts and exercise sustainably, without obsessing over calories burned and thighs gapped. But, with each thrilling step toward a healthy future, she had to contend with the painful truths of her past.
BIG GIRL chronicles Kelsey's journey into self-loathing and disordered eating-and out of it. This is a memoir for anyone who's dealt with a distorted body image, food issues, or a dysfunctional family. It's for the late-bloomers and the...
- Mobilizing Democracy: Globalization And Citizen Protest (Themes In Global Social Change)
- Student Workbook For Functional Anatomy: Musculoskeletal Anatomy, Kinesiology, And Palpation For Manual Therapists (LWW Massage Therapy And Bodywork Educational Series)
- Civic Ideals: Conflicting Visions Of Citizenship In U.S. History (The Institution For Social And Policy Studies)
- L'Elegance Du Herisson (French Edition)
- The Secret Box (Lehman, Barbara)
- Frostborn (Thrones And Bones)
- Simple Decorating: 50 Ways To Inspire Your Home (Inspired Ideas)
- Building Great Software Engineering Teams: Recruiting, Hiring, And Managing Your Team From Startup To Success
- The Black Church - Where Women Pray And Men Prey
- Workforce Education: The Basics
- Frameworks Of World History: Networks, Hierarchies, Culture, Volume Two: Since 1350
- Wuthering Heights (Norton Critical Editions)
- Screw Compressors: Mathematical Modelling And Performance Calculation
- Sacred Dance In The Ancient World
- Who Put That Hair In My Toothbrush?
- Charles Leickert 1816-1907: Painter Of The Dutch Landscape
- Antiguedades Siglo XX (Spanish Edition)
- Hal Leonard Banjo Method - Book 1 - Book/Online Audio 2nd Edition
- Writing Against Time
- Melt (Steel Brothers Saga)