Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting And Got A Life
Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life
A hilarious and inspiring memoir about one young woman's journey to find a better path to both physical and mental health.
At twenty-nine, Kelsey Miller had done it all: crash diets, healthy diets, and nutritionist-prescribed "eating plans," which are diets that you pay more money for. She'd been fighting her un-thin body since early childhood, and after a lifetime of failure, finally hit bottom. No diet could transform her body or her life. There was no shortcut to skinny salvation. She'd dug herself into this hole, and now it was time to climb out of it.
With the help of an Intuitive Eating coach and fitness professionals, she learned how to eat based on her body's instincts and exercise sustainably, without obsessing over calories burned and thighs gapped. But, with each thrilling step toward a healthy future, she had to contend with the painful truths of her past.
BIG GIRL chronicles Kelsey's journey into self-loathing and disordered eating-and out of it. This is a memoir for anyone who's dealt with a distorted body image, food issues, or a dysfunctional family. It's for the late-bloomers and the...
- TWA Flight 800 FIRST RESPONDER WITNESS ACCOUNT: The Witness Account Of Barry R Donadio, Who Was On The Scene Of The TWA Flight 800 Crash As A First Responder During The First Moments Of The Crisis.
- Luz Arce And Pinochet's Chile: Testimony In The Aftermath Of State Violence
- Agents Of Power: The Media And Public Policy (2nd Edition)
- We Could Be Beautiful: A Novel
- Girlfriend Of Bill: 12 Things You Need To Know About Dating Someone In Recovery
- Collective Visioning: How Groups Can Work Together For A Just And Sustainable Future
- Kahnceptual Card Magic: More Deceptive Practices With Playing Cards
- Drawing Beautiful Things: Activity Book
- Introduction To Psychology: Gateways To Mind And Behavior With Concept Maps And Reviews (Available Titles CengageNOW)
- Developing Online Learning Environments In Nursing Education, Third Edition (Springer Series On The Teaching Of Nursing)
- Professional Ethics In Criminal Justice: Being Ethical When No One Is Looking (4th Edition)
- Viva La Repartee: Clever Comebacks And Witty Retorts From History's Great Wits And Wordsmiths
- The Night She Disappeared
- On Art And Mindfulness
- Parameterization Schemes: Keys To Understanding Numerical Weather Prediction Models
- The Real Wealth Of Nations: Creating A Caring Economics
- A Study Guide For 7 Secrets Of The Eucharist: Encountering The Heart Of God
- American Nation In The Modern Era
- Practicing Military Anthropology: Beyond Expectations And Traditional Boundaries
- JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet: Drop 7 Hidden Sugars, Lose Up To 10 Pounds In Just 2 Weeks