Product Stewardship: Life Cycle Analysis And The Environment
Product Stewardship: Life Cycle Analysis and the Environment
Consider the Consequences of Bringing a Chemical to Market
Product Stewardship: Life Cycle Analysis and the Environment explores the regulatory and scientific aspects of the life-cycle consequences of bringing a chemical to market. Using case studies to bring critical points to life, this multidisciplinary text explores the factors that influence our risk management decisions. It bridges the academic study of life cycle analysis and the practical concerns of those in industry who produce goods for market within the web of global product stewardship regulations and under the eye of consumers concerned with sustainability.
- Discusses the technical tools that a product steward can use to predict the life cycle consequences of chemical manufacture and use
- Includes the techniques needed to characterize and predict the fate and transport of chemicals in the environment
- Explains the formal process of life cycle assessment, which is used to evaluate the potential effects on the environment
- Describes the regulation of both existing and new chemicals, using examples to illustrate the complexity of the factors that affect their regulation
- Provides case studies that integrate the technical and regulatory foundations of product...