The Power Of Teacher Rounds: A Guide For Facilitators, Principals, & Department Chairs
The Power of Teacher Rounds: A Guide for Facilitators, Principals, & Department Chairs
The definitive, step-by-step guide for conducting teacher rounds!
With teacher rounds, educators benefit from the observant peer learning that’s common in other demanding fields. From practical strategies to ready-to-use templates, this invaluable book offers a complete toolkit for leading a thriving teacher rounds program. Readers will learn how to:
- Create positive, empowering teams that lift both instruction and student performance
- Link teacher rounds with Common Core implementation
- Develop rounds facilitation skills through vignettes, video clips, and group learning exercises
- Lead productive year-end program reviews
- Understand how principals and department chairs can best support the rounds program
"What Vivian Troen and Kitty Boles have done in this book is…the use of rounds as a dedicated learning environment for teachers. This book provides the scaffolding and support that teachers can use, on their own, or in an organized fashion as part of more systemic strategy, to create the infrastructure necessary to bring collective learning deliberately and explicitly into the daily life of teachers. Troen and Boles stress in many places in this book the importance...