Using Docker: Developing And Deploying Software With Containers
Using Docker: Developing and Deploying Software with Containers
Docker containers offer simpler, faster, and more robust methods for developing, distributing, and running software than previously available. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn why containers are so important, what you’ll gain by adopting Docker, and how to make it part of your development process.
Ideal for developers, operations engineers, and system administrators—especially those keen to embrace a DevOps approach—Using Docker will take you from Docker and container basics to running dozens of containers on a multi-host system with networking and scheduling. The core of the book walks you through the steps needed to develop, test, and deploy a web application with Docker.
- Get started with Docker by building and deploying a simple web application
- Use Continuous Deployment techniques to push your application to production multiple times a day
- Learn various options and techniques for logging and monitoring multiple containers
- Examine networking and service discovery: how do containers find each other and how do you connect them?
- Orchestrate and cluster containers to address load-balancing, scaling, failover, and scheduling
- Secure your system by following the principles of defense-in-depth and least privilege
About the Author
Adrian Mouat is Chief Scientist at Container Solutions. In the past he has...
- Transformational Learning Experiences: A Conversation With Counselors About Their Personal And Professional Developmental Journeys
- Penthouse 2013 Girl+Girl Calendar
- Virginity Lost: An Intimate Portrait Of First Sexual Experiences
- 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Son
- A Dictionary Of Astronomy (Oxford Quick Reference)
- Approximate Man And Other Writings: Approximate Man And Other Writings
- The Amish Way: Patient Faith In A Perilous World
- How To Make A Spaceship: A Band Of Renegades, An Epic Race, And The Birth Of Private Spaceflight
- To Dare Imagining: Rojava Revolution
- Making Words Fourth Grade: 50 Hands-On Lessons For Teaching Prefixes, Suffixes, And Roots
- Women At The Front: Hospital Workers In Civil War America
- Rising To The Challenge: My Leadership Journey
- Funds Of Knowledge: Theorizing Practices In Households, Communities, And Classrooms
- AP Comparative Government And Politics Study Guide: Review Book & Practice Test Questions For The Advanced Placement Comparative Government & Politics Exam
- Steve Jobs
- God's Chosen Fast
- Technics And Time, 1: The Fault Of Epimetheus (Meridian: Crossing Aesthetics) (No. 1)
- Solution-Oriented Hypnosis: An Ericksonian Approach
- Cushing’s Coup: The True Story Of How Lt. Col. James Cushing And His Filipino Guerrillas Captured Japan's Plan Z