Using Docker: Developing And Deploying Software With Containers
Using Docker: Developing and Deploying Software with Containers
Docker containers offer simpler, faster, and more robust methods for developing, distributing, and running software than previously available. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn why containers are so important, what you’ll gain by adopting Docker, and how to make it part of your development process.
Ideal for developers, operations engineers, and system administrators—especially those keen to embrace a DevOps approach—Using Docker will take you from Docker and container basics to running dozens of containers on a multi-host system with networking and scheduling. The core of the book walks you through the steps needed to develop, test, and deploy a web application with Docker.
- Get started with Docker by building and deploying a simple web application
- Use Continuous Deployment techniques to push your application to production multiple times a day
- Learn various options and techniques for logging and monitoring multiple containers
- Examine networking and service discovery: how do containers find each other and how do you connect them?
- Orchestrate and cluster containers to address load-balancing, scaling, failover, and scheduling
- Secure your system by following the principles of defense-in-depth and least privilege
About the Author
Adrian Mouat is Chief Scientist at Container Solutions. In the past he has...
- Summary Of Mindset: By Carol Dweck | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Las Ratas (Spanish Edition)
- The Girl In The Song: The Stories Behind 50 Rock Classics
- Whose Song?: And Other Stories
- Harmonies Of Heaven And Earth: Mysticism In Music From Antiquity To The Avant-Garde Reissue Edition By Joscelyn Godwin Published By Inner Traditions Bear And Company (1995)
- Documenta 5: A Film By (Archives)
- Evaluation Of Parenting Capacity In Child Protection (Best Practices For Forensic Mental Health Assessments)
- Zenspirations Coloring Book Flowers: Create, Color, Pattern, Play!
- Wilson's Creek, Pea Ridge, And Prairie Grove: A Battlefield Guide, With A Section On Wire Road (This Hallowed Ground: Guides To Civil War Battlefields)
- Caspar Lee
- Good Thinking: What You Need To Know To Be Smarter, Safer, Wealthier, And Wiser
- TRY1063 - Elementary Snare Drum Studies
- 70-298: MCSE Guide To Designing Security For Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
- The History Of American Education: A Great American Experiment
- Developing A Plan For The Planet: A Business Plan For Sustainable Living (Gower Green Economics And Sustainable Growth Series)
- Psalm 100: Bible Chapters For Kids
- Beethoven: Sonatas Op. 5, 69 & 102 For Cello And Piano (Bärenreiter Urtext)
- An Introduction To Commercial Property Finance, Development And Investment
- Language And Thought (Princeton Legacy Library)
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: The 7 Secrets Of Awakening The Highly Effective Four-Hour Giant, Today