Using Docker: Developing And Deploying Software With Containers
Using Docker: Developing and Deploying Software with Containers
Docker containers offer simpler, faster, and more robust methods for developing, distributing, and running software than previously available. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn why containers are so important, what you’ll gain by adopting Docker, and how to make it part of your development process.
Ideal for developers, operations engineers, and system administrators—especially those keen to embrace a DevOps approach—Using Docker will take you from Docker and container basics to running dozens of containers on a multi-host system with networking and scheduling. The core of the book walks you through the steps needed to develop, test, and deploy a web application with Docker.
- Get started with Docker by building and deploying a simple web application
- Use Continuous Deployment techniques to push your application to production multiple times a day
- Learn various options and techniques for logging and monitoring multiple containers
- Examine networking and service discovery: how do containers find each other and how do you connect them?
- Orchestrate and cluster containers to address load-balancing, scaling, failover, and scheduling
- Secure your system by following the principles of defense-in-depth and least privilege
About the Author
Adrian Mouat is Chief Scientist at Container Solutions. In the past he has...
- Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting The Joy And Passion You Both Desire (The Every Man Series)
- Sibley's Waterfowl Of North America
- E. P. Thompson
- From The Ballroom To Hell: Grace And Folly In Nineteenth-Century Dance [Paperback] (Author) Elizabeth Aldrich
- Crossings: The Great Transatlantic Migrations, 1870–1914
- Crochet One-Skein Wonders® For Babies: 101 Projects For Infants & Toddlers
- John Steinbeck, Writer: A Biography
- Gurdjieff Movements Vol. 2
- The Art Of Baroque Trumpet Playing: Volume 1: Basic Exercises (Schott)
- During The War I Rode A Horse: A Cheeky Story Of The 10th Australian Light Horse 1914-1919
- How To Think Logically (2nd Edition)
- The Irish Cello Book: Traditional Tunes & Techniques (
- Island Of Silence (The Unwanteds)
- La Noche De La Usina / The Night Of The Heroic Losers (Premio Alfaguara 2016) (Spanish Edition)
- Sky High Building Puzzle
- Progress Without Punishment: Effective Approaches For Learners With Behavior Problems (Special Education Series)
- Merchant Of Venice (2010 Edition): Oxford School Shakespeare (Oxford School Shakespeare Series)
- Sven Druhl: Shin Hanga - Japanese Landscapes
- Forensic Evaluation Of Juveniles
- Lone Star Tarnished: A Critical Look At Texas Politics And Public Policy