The Essence Of Capitalism: The Origins Of Our Future
The Essence of Capitalism: The Origins of Our Future
The Essence of Capitalism is a timely account of globalization, the consumer culture, and the historical roots of our contemporary dilemmas. By tracking the 130-year history of Coca-Cola (and a number of other large American or transnational corporations), this book details all that is best, worst and most powerful about global capitalism.
Using Coca-Cola’s rise as a case study, here is the tale of how Coca-Cola employed marketing and business practices that enabled it to expand beyond its original market (that which a horse-drawn cart could cover in a day) to -today’s massive corporate status. Through the use of the franchise, extreme quality control and powerful marketing, it shows how Coca-Cola—a company with virtually one product that nobody actually needs and that is, in its original sugar-laden form, plainly very bad for people—went from being a feel-good tonic in competition with more than a thousand other similar drinks to being the major market force for soft drinks.
The book covers topics such as the creation of the idea of a corporation having the status of a person, how the money market works in the flow of capital, the effect of marketing and advertising...
- Palm Beach (Then And Now)
- The Little ABC Coloring Book (Dover Little Activity Books)
- Billy Bragg
- Comprehensive Business Plan For Start-Up Adult Day Care Center
- Global Health: An Anthropological Perspective
- Naruto, Vol. 70
- The Complete World Of Sports (abridged)
- Rhythmic Kinesthetics: Fun Percussion-based Activities & Games For The Classroom, Book & DVD
- Whisky Galore
- Butterflies Of North Carolina, South Carolina & Georgia: A Guide To Common & Notable Species (Common And Notable Species)
- Springsteen: Point Blank
- Introducing Bert Williams: Burnt Cork, Broadway, And The Story Of America's First Black Star
- Understanding Operating Systems, Fifth Edition
- The New Geography Of Jobs
- Coming Home To Lemuria
- Carl Fischer Practical Studies For The Trumpet By E.F. Goldman
- Deals From Hell: M&A Lessons That Rise Above The Ashes
- Straight Talk: The Truth About Food (TIME FOR KIDS® Nonfiction Readers)