The Essence Of Capitalism: The Origins Of Our Future
The Essence of Capitalism: The Origins of Our Future
The Essence of Capitalism is a timely account of globalization, the consumer culture, and the historical roots of our contemporary dilemmas. By tracking the 130-year history of Coca-Cola (and a number of other large American or transnational corporations), this book details all that is best, worst and most powerful about global capitalism.
Using Coca-Cola’s rise as a case study, here is the tale of how Coca-Cola employed marketing and business practices that enabled it to expand beyond its original market (that which a horse-drawn cart could cover in a day) to -today’s massive corporate status. Through the use of the franchise, extreme quality control and powerful marketing, it shows how Coca-Cola—a company with virtually one product that nobody actually needs and that is, in its original sugar-laden form, plainly very bad for people—went from being a feel-good tonic in competition with more than a thousand other similar drinks to being the major market force for soft drinks.
The book covers topics such as the creation of the idea of a corporation having the status of a person, how the money market works in the flow of capital, the effect of marketing and advertising...
- What Is Painting?: New Edition (Revised Edition)
- Legacy (1983-84 - Songwriter Of The Year)
- Four Views On Moving Beyond The Bible To Theology (Counterpoints: Bible And Theology)
- Digital Signal Processing
- Typology: Type Design From The Victorian Era To The Digital Age
- Teaching For Tomorrow: Teaching Content And Problem-Solving Skills
- Naked And Marooned
- Advanced CBCT For Endodontics: Technical Considerations, Perception, And Decision-Making
- Dead Of Night
- Leonidas Of Sparta: A Heroic King
- Alphabets: A Miscellany Of Letters
- An Interpretation Of Christian Ethics (Library Of Theological Ethics)
- The Music In George's Head: George Gershwin Creates Rhapsody In Blue
- Illusion: A Novel
- The Girl's Guide To Life (Christian Girl's Guides)
- Jerusalem!: The Real Life Of William Blake
- Eighteen Years
- Knit One, Kill Two (Knitting Mysteries, No. 1)
- Magical Use Of Thought Forms: A Proven System Of Mental & Spiritual Empowerment