Women Heroes Of World War II: 26 Stories Of Espionage, Sabotage, Resistance, And Rescue (Women Of Action)
Women Heroes of World War II: 26 Stories of Espionage, Sabotage, Resistance, and Rescue (Women of Action)
A 2012 VOYA Nonfiction Honor List selection
Noor Inayat Khan was the first female radio operator sent into occupied France and transferred crucial messages. Johtje Vos, a Dutch housewife, hid Jews in her home and repeatedly outsmarted the Gestapo. Law student Hannie Schaft became involved in the most dangerous resistance work--sabotage, weapons transference, and assassinations. In these pages, young readers will meet these and many other similarly courageous women and girls who risked their lives to help defeat the Nazis.
Twenty-six engaging and suspense-filled stories unfold from across Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Denmark, Great Britain, and the United States, providing an inspiring reminder of women and girls’ refusal to sit on the sidelines around the world and throughout history.
An overview of World War II and summaries of each country’s entrance and involvement in the war provide a framework for better understanding each woman’s unique circumstances, and resources for further learning follow each profile....
- Boy Boys Twinks: The Cutest Guys Are Bent!
- Biscuit's First Sleepover
- Generation Ink: Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Dancing With Fireflies (A Chapel Springs Romance)
- Cultures In Orbit: Satellites And The Televisual (Console-ing Passions)
- The Fan Who Knew Too Much: The Secret Closets Of American Culture
- Our Lord Prays For His Own: Thoughts On John 17
- April Foolishness
- Ki-27 ‘Nate’ Aces (Aircraft Of The Aces)
- Steampunk Accessories: 20 Projects To Help You Nail The Style
- Ten Thousand Birds: Ornithology Since Darwin
- The Northern Rockies: A Fire Survey (To The Last Smoke)
- The Media Were American: U.S. Mass Media In Decline
- English Songs: Renaissance To Baroque: The Vocal Library High Voice (Vocal Collection)
- The Physical Universe: An Introduction To Astronomy (Series Of Books In Astronomy)
- Han Shu Biography Of Yang Xiong (53 B.C. To A.D. 18) (Occasional Paper Ser. ; No. 14))
- The Mystic Spiral: Journey Of The Soul (Art And Imagination)
- Simply Guitar Tab: Blank 6 String Guitar Tab Paper Book - 100 Pages (Simply Tab)
- Professional Photography For Profit
- Believe Me: My Battle With The Invisible Disability Of Lyme Disease