On the Best Poetry Books of the Year” list from Library Journal
A sophisticated and breathtaking writer, Reeves takes the reader on a harrowing journey: each poem comes packed with arresting imagery, relentless in its examination of how tragedy and trauma become internalized cleaning out the wounds to understand the pain.”Los Angeles Review of Books
Roger Reeves' King Me stitches together many worlds into one startling and visceral book. His ranging, encyclopedic knowledge crosses history, medicine, biology, metapoetics and more, but he tackles it all with a bold and sonorous surrealist flow.”American Microreviews
From a horse witnessing the lynching of Emmett Till to Mikhail Bulgakov chronicling the forced famines in Poland in the 1930s, King Me examines the erotics of care and the place of song, elegy, and praise as testaments to those moments. As Roger Reeves said in an interview, "While writing King Me, I became very interested in the mythology of king, the one who is sacrificed at the end of the harvest season. . . . For me, the myth manifests in the killing of young black men, Emmett Till, and in the ways America deems young, black male bodies as expendableJean Michel Basquiat, Mike...
- Caregiving: How To Start A Small Business Of Providing Personalized In-Home Care Service
- Portrait Painting Atelier: Old Master Techniques And Contemporary Applications
- The Janissaries (Elite)
- Harry Potter Pensieve Memory Set
- Compact Disc: Packaging And Graphics
- Basic Medical Sciences For MRCP: Part 1
- The Craft Of Poetry: Dialogues On Minimal Interpretation
- Peter Hujar
- Alice In Wonderland Adult Coloring Book
- Revolution Is My Name: An Egyptian Woman's Diary From Eighteen Days In Tahrir
- The Everything TV Word Search Book: A New Season Of TV Puzzles - With No Reruns!
- Personalized Medicine: Promises And Pitfalls
- British Mark I Tank 1916 (New Vanguard)
- The Eye Of Atrocity: Superviolent Art By Yoshitoshi (Ukiyo-e Master Series)
- Extreme Canvas: Hand-Painted Movie Posters From Ghana
- Forgotten Fires: Native Americans And The Transient Wilderness
- Rhythmic Studies For All Instruments
- The Record Of Transmitting The Light: Zen Master Keizan's Denkoroku
- Neil Peart: Cultural Repercussions: An In-depth Examination Of The Words, Ideas, And Professional Life Of Neil Peart, Man Of Letters.
- The Blank Comic Strip Doodle Pad For Boys 2 (Activity Drawing & Coloring Books)