Practical Ecology For Planners, Developers, And Citizens
Practical Ecology for Planners, Developers, and Citizens
Practical Ecology for Planners, Developers, and Citizens introduces and explains key ecological concepts for planners, landscape architects, developers, and others involved in planning and building human habitats. The book is tailored to meet the needs of busy land use professionals and citizens seeking a concise yet thorough overview of ecology and its applications. It offers clear guidelines and a wealth of information on how we can protect species and ecosystems while at the same creating healthy, sustainable human communities.
Throughout the book, the authors make ecological concepts accessible to readers with little or no scientific background. They present key ideas and information in simple and pragmatic terms, and provide numerous graphics to help explain important concepts. They also offer exercises for the reader to practice ecologically-based planning and design, along with a list of resources for practical information on ecology and conservation.
Practical Ecology for Planners, Developers, and Citizens will raise the level of ecological understanding among land use professionals and citizens, and is an invaluable new resource for anyone concerned with human land use and its environmental impacts.
- The Plague Of Swords (The Traitor Son Cycle)
- Moon Shell Beach: A Novel
- Doug Lindstrand's Alaska Sketchbook, An Artist's Guide To The People And Wildlife Of America's Last Frontier
- A Bibliography Of Greek New Testament Manuscripts (Society For New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- The Art And Science Of Optical Design
- Year Of The Locust: A Soldier's Diary And The Erasure Of Palestine's Ottoman Past
- Alfred's Drum Method, Bk 1: The Most Comprehensive Beginning Snare Drum Method Ever!
- Latino America: How America’s Most Dynamic Population Is Poised To Transform The Politics Of The Nation
- Route 66: The Mother Road 75th Anniversary Edition
- Honorable Exiles: A Chilean Woman In The Twentieth Century
- EARLY DOWNHOME BLUES-1ST (Music In American Life (Paperback))
- Printmaking For Beginners: Printmaking Handbook (Printmaking Handbooks)
- Roman Catholics And Evangelicals: Agreements And Differences
- 101 Maneras Infalibles De Decir Te Quiero / 101 Surefire Ways To Say I Love You (Spanish Edition)
- A Theory Of Parody: The Teachings Of Twentieth-Century Art Forms
- Section 409A Handbook
- The One-Shot Library Instruction Survival Guide, Second Edition
- Meditations For The Twelve Great Feasts
- An Alphabet
- A Cultural History Of Climate