Learning RFT: An Introduction To Relational Frame Theory And Its Clinical Application
Learning RFT: An Introduction to Relational Frame Theory and Its Clinical Application
Relational frame theory, or RFT, is the little-understood behavioral theory behind a recent development in modern psychology: the shift from the cognitive paradigm underpinning cognitive behavioral therapy to a new understanding of language and cognition. Learning RFT presents a basic yet comprehensive introduction to this fascinating theory, which forms the basis of acceptance and commitment therapy. The book also offers practical guidance for directly applying it in clinical work.
In the book, author Niklas Törneke presents the building blocks of RFT: language as a particular kind of relating, derived stimulus relations, and transformation of stimulus functions. He then shows how these concepts are essential to understanding acceptance and commitment therapy and other therapeutic models. Learning RFT shows how to use experiential exercises and metaphors in psychological treatment and explains how they can help your clients. This book belongs on the bookshelves of psychologists, psychotherapists, students, and others seeking to deepen their understanding of psychological treatment from a behavioral perspective.
"There is no better place to start learning about RFT than this excellent book. Törneke teaches the principles of RFT simply and elegantly, using a wealth...
- The DNA Of Parent-Teen Relationships: Discover The Key To Your Teen's Heart (Focus On The Family)
- Weights For 50+: Building Strength, Staying Healthy And Enjoying An Active Lifestyle
- Marital Therapy: Concepts And Skills For Effective Practice (Marital, Couple, & Family Counseling)
- Smoky Mountain Tales, Volume I
- Lennon And McCartney For The Harp
- Mary Engelbreit 2017 Day-to-Day Calendar: Life Happens
- Un Lugar Llamado Destino (Spanish Edition)
- Berlin: The Monocle Travel Guide Series
- The Principles Of Multimedia Journalism: Packaging Digital News
- Fundamentals Of Piano Technique - The Russian Method: Newly Revised By James & Susan McKeever
- The Men's Health Big Book Of Food & Nutrition: Your Completely Delicious Guide To Eating Well, Looking Great, And Staying Lean For Life!
- Practices Of Belief: Volume 2, Selected Essays
- Torres And Ehrlich Modern Dental Assisting Package: With Two Bind-in CD-ROM's
- Imagination: An Epic Adult Coloring Book Journey Of The Mind (Adult Coloring Books - Art Therapy For The Mind) (Volume 18)
- Como Ganar A Tu Papa Al Ajedrez (Spanish Edition)
- The Death Of Cool: From Teenage Rebellion To The Hangover Of Adulthood
- A Call To Arms (Manticore Ascendant)
- Tattoos 1: Best Of Artists
- Sports Dances And The Popular Social Dance (paperback)
- The Collected Plays Of Edward Albee, Volume 1: 1958-1965 (Vol. 1)