Learning RFT: An Introduction To Relational Frame Theory And Its Clinical Application
Learning RFT: An Introduction to Relational Frame Theory and Its Clinical Application
Relational frame theory, or RFT, is the little-understood behavioral theory behind a recent development in modern psychology: the shift from the cognitive paradigm underpinning cognitive behavioral therapy to a new understanding of language and cognition. Learning RFT presents a basic yet comprehensive introduction to this fascinating theory, which forms the basis of acceptance and commitment therapy. The book also offers practical guidance for directly applying it in clinical work.
In the book, author Niklas Törneke presents the building blocks of RFT: language as a particular kind of relating, derived stimulus relations, and transformation of stimulus functions. He then shows how these concepts are essential to understanding acceptance and commitment therapy and other therapeutic models. Learning RFT shows how to use experiential exercises and metaphors in psychological treatment and explains how they can help your clients. This book belongs on the bookshelves of psychologists, psychotherapists, students, and others seeking to deepen their understanding of psychological treatment from a behavioral perspective.
"There is no better place to start learning about RFT than this excellent book. Törneke teaches the principles of RFT simply and elegantly, using a wealth...
- Mein Schwules Auge 10
- Rethinking The Holocaust
- Upcycling: 20 Creative Projects Made From Reclaimed Materials
- Comb Ridge And Its People: The Ethnohistory Of A Rock
- Manners On The Telephone (Way To Be!: Manners)
- The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, And Inbound Selling To Go From $0 To $100 Million
- Social Insurance; Americas Neglected Heritage And Contested Future (Public Affairs And Policy Administration)
- Triphasic Training: A Systematic Approach To Elite Speed And Explosive Strength Performance (Volume 1)
- Kingdom Under Glass: A Tale Of Obsession, Adventure, And One Man's Quest To Preserve The World's Great Animals
- A Graphic Odyssey: Romare Bearden As Printmaker
- San-Tito: Vida Y Milagros De Tito Trinidad (Spanish Edition)
- Hijos De Dune/Children Of Dune (Spanish Edition)
- Margaret Fletcher Gallop Girl: A Fall From Grace At Forty Miles An Hour
- Bob Wills - King Of Western Swing (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Artist Songbook)
- Discourses In Place: Language In The Material World
- La Guardia Del LeÃ³n (Mis Lecturas Disney) (LA GUARDIA DEL LEON)
- MP3: The Definitive Guide
- Consilience: The Unity Of Knowledge
- Extraordinary Powers