The twenty-first century offers distinct challenges to the geosciences. Today's geomorphologist must interact with and decipher problems that face hydrologists, engineers, geologists, pedologists, foresters, and many others. The bond that unites geomorphology with so many diverse disciplines is the common need to understand the processes of surface mechanics, which is exceedingly important as we struggle to comprehend the impacts of climate changes, tectonic events, and their effects on our physical environment.
While maintaining the introductory yet applied focus of previous editions, the authors have mined the most current research and data for the fifth edition. A wealth of new photos and figures augment and add depth to each field, providing an expansive base for students to build upon. A detailed bibliography enhances the further study of any topic of interest.
"Having used Process Geomorphology in the past, I intend to return to it for all of my future sections. It is really the only viable, modern, and up-to-date text suitable for undergraduates." --Richard H. Bailey, Northeastern University
"An excellent textbook and now a classic. This is my current #1 candidate for next fall semester s textbook." --Daniel Dugas, New Mexico State University
- A History Of Portugal And The Portuguese Empire, Vol. 2: From Beginnings To 1807: The Portuguese Empire (Volume 2)
- The Psychology Of Superheroes: An Unauthorized Exploration (Psychology Of Popular Culture)
- The Rise Of Modern China
- I See You
- Pol Pot: Anatomy Of A Nightmare
- Coaching For Sales Success
- Solutions To Exercises To Accompany Chemistry: The Central Science, 11th Edition. 9780136003250, 0136003257.
- Ancient Shores
- Julia Reyes Taubman: Detroit: 138 Square Miles
- Torts 2e (Aspen Casebook)
- Nietzsche And Zen: Self Overcoming Without A Self (Studies In Comparative Philosophy And Religion)
- Sarah, Plain And Tall
- The Moving Finger: A Miss Marple Mystery (Miss Marple Mysteries)
- Sit! Stay! Speak!: A Novel
- Dictionary Of Kathakali
- Starting Out With Visual Basic 2012 (6th Edition)
- Sweet Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella (The MacKenzie Family)
- Journal Of The American Revolution: Annual Volume 2017 (Journal Of The American Revolution Books)
- The Transplant Imaginary: Mechanical Hearts, Animal Parts, And Moral Thinking In Highly Experimental Science
- Our World (Discovery Kids)