Whether you are interested in working dogs for a hobby, on the ranch, or for serious trial competition, Stockdog Savvy will be an invaluable aid. Beginning with chapters on herding dog characteristics, instinct, and choosing a herding dog, the Taylors explain how to prepare your puppy and do basic foundation training. The book progresses to starting the dog on stock and developing a useful working dog and ends with advanced lessons and preparing for the various types of competition.
* All breeds of herding dogs.
* All types of stock work.
* Profiles of key herding personalities.
* Complete training to work sheep, cattle, goats, ducks and other livestock.
* Problem solving tips in every training chapter.
* Practical advice on the working ranch dog.
* Boundary training, handling large flocks.
* Profiles of more than 60 herding dog breeds.
Trade paperback, 6 x 9, 310 pages, over 100 b & w photos, glossary
A great read well worth the price of the book! Stockdog Savvy is jam-packed with useful information. These authors know their stuff. The book outlines the basics of...