New York Times: The Times Of The Eighties: The Culture, Politics, And Personalities That Shaped The Decade
New York Times: The Times of the Eighties: The Culture, Politics, and Personalities that Shaped the Decade
From our nation's best source of in-depth daily reporting comes this sweeping retrospective of the news, culture, and personalities of the decade of the 1980s, as told through hundreds of handselected articles and compelling original commentary in this unique and fascinating book.
There is no better record of history than the archives of The New York Times. Now, more than 200 articles from the great decade of the 1980s are culled from these archives and carefully curated, by editor and Times writer William Grimes, to create one complete, compelling, historical and nostalgic collection.
Organized by sections such as politics, business, science & health, sports, arts & entertainment, food, obituaries, and more, The Times of the Eighties covers the biggest stories that shaped the 1980s. Articles include coverage of historic events like Wall Street's "Black Monday," the Iran-Contra scandal, Tiananmen Square, the Challenger disaster, the Human Genome Project, the collapse of communism, and the introduction of the personal computer by IBM; cultural highlights like the launch of MTV, Ted Turner's establishment of CNN, the Cabbage Patch doll craze, reviews of movies like E.T., Terminator, Raging Bull,...
- Kings Of The Wyld (The Band)
- Chakra Illumination: Awaken Your Highest Potential Through The Essential Power Of Music
- The Complete Book Of Foaling: An Illustrated Guide For The Foaling Attendant (Howell Reference Books)
- The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness To Greatness
- The Associated Press Stylebook And Libel Manual
- The Guitarist's Guide To SONAR
- Dr. Atkins' Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook: Companion To Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution
- ETA COHEN: VIOLIN METHOD STUDENT BOOK 2
- Interactive Citation Workbook For The Bluebook: A Uniform System Of Citation, 2016 Edition
- Navegacion Costera / Coastal Navigation: Problemas Resueltos (Nautica) (Spanish Edition)
- The Unquiet American: Richard Holbrooke In The World
- El Poder De Los Padres Que Oran (Spanish Edition)
- Reading And Writing From Literature
- Sheep Medicine, Second Edition
- Downtown Basic: English For Work And Life (Downtown: English For Work And Life)
- Business Driven Technology (Irwin Management Info Systems)
- Agents Of Integration: Understanding Transfer As A Rhetorical Act (CCCC Studies In Writing & Rhetoric)
- The Making Of Modern Colombia: A Nation In Spite Of Itself
- Eric Gill