The City Gardener's Handbook: The Definitive Guide To Small Space Gardening
The City Gardener's Handbook: The Definitive Guide to Small Space Gardening
Turn small balconies, sunbaked rooftops, and even cramped windowsills into delightful, thriving gardens. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know to successfully design and maintain an urban garden in whatever space you have available. Lydia Yang profiles dozens of beautiful and hardy plants and offers expert advice on everything from preparing your soil to managing pests. Filled with charming anecdotes and stunning photographs, The City Gardener’s Handbook will inspire you to bring the joys of the garden into the metropolis.
"Compactly combines the virtues of extensive knowledge, organization, clear-eyed design, and—last but not least—a sympathetic, briskly dedicated authorial tone...conveys maximal information with minimal fuss."
From the Back Cover
Written with passion, enthusiasm, warmth & wit by former New York Times garden columnist Linda Yang, The City Gardener's Handbook offers solutions for every kind of small-space gardening challenge from an author who has experienced them all first-hand.
About the Author
Linda Yang is known for her garden columns in the New York Times, which were widely syndicated from 1979-1995. Both her articles...
- Ulises Desatado
- The Complete Jack Survives
- The SAGE Handbook Of Curriculum And Instruction
- The Complete Idiot's Guide To Buddhism, 3rd Edition (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
- Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry Study Guide (Literature Study Guides From Progeny Press)
- Princess Sultana's Circle (Princess Trilogy)
- Las Escuelas Que Cambiarán El Mundo
- Applied Behavior Analysis For Teachers (8th Edition)
- Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life: A Former CIA Officer Reveals Safety And Survival Techniques To Keep You And Your Family Protected
- The New York Times Sunday Crossword Omnibus, Volume 1
- 38. Egeria: Diary Of A Pilgrimage (Ancient Christian Writers)
- New York State Sales And Use Tax Law And Regulations (As Of January 1, 2010)
- How To Plan A Journey On A Cargo Ship: Sail Now And Have The Adventure Of Your Life
- A Picture Book Of George Washington Carver (Picture Book Biography)
- Foundations Of Astronomy
- Cases, Materials And Problems In Property
- Vietnam #4: Casualties Of War
- Luckiest Man: The Life And Death Of Lou Gehrig
- Getting It Done: Leading Academic Success In Unexpected Schools
- Direct-Write Shaped Electron Beam Lithography With Application To Selective Electron Beam Induced Metal Depositions - A Thesis, Presented To The Department Of Electrical And Computer Engineering In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For The Degree Of Master Of Science In Electrical Engineering / Northeastern University; Boston, Massachusetts; May, 1989