The City Gardener's Handbook: The Definitive Guide To Small Space Gardening
The City Gardener's Handbook: The Definitive Guide to Small Space Gardening
Turn small balconies, sunbaked rooftops, and even cramped windowsills into delightful, thriving gardens. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know to successfully design and maintain an urban garden in whatever space you have available. Lydia Yang profiles dozens of beautiful and hardy plants and offers expert advice on everything from preparing your soil to managing pests. Filled with charming anecdotes and stunning photographs, The City Gardener’s Handbook will inspire you to bring the joys of the garden into the metropolis.
"Compactly combines the virtues of extensive knowledge, organization, clear-eyed design, and—last but not least—a sympathetic, briskly dedicated authorial tone...conveys maximal information with minimal fuss."
From the Back Cover
Written with passion, enthusiasm, warmth & wit by former New York Times garden columnist Linda Yang, The City Gardener's Handbook offers solutions for every kind of small-space gardening challenge from an author who has experienced them all first-hand.
About the Author
Linda Yang is known for her garden columns in the New York Times, which were widely syndicated from 1979-1995. Both her articles...
- Best Person Rural: Essays Of A Sometime Farmer
- A Sense Of Wonder: The World's Best Writers On The Sacred, The Profane, And The Ordinary
- Strong Looks Better Naked
- 2000-2001 Documents Supplement To International Sales Law (American Casebook Series)
- Natacha Nisic: Echo
- Cohen's Handbook Of Federal Indian Law
- A Treatise On Title-Pages: The Practice Of Typography : With Numerous Illustrations In Facsimile And Some Observations On The Early And Recent Printing Of Books
- The Mouse In Biomedical Research, Volume 2, Second Edition: Diseases (American College Of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- Robert A. M. Stern: Buildings And Towns
- The Mathematics Of Banking And Finance (The Wiley Finance Series)
- Counseling In Schools: Comprehensive Programs Of Responsive Services For All Students (6th Edition) (Merrill Counseling)
- Search For A Method
- First Family (King & Maxwell Series)
- First Chart: A New Method To Teach Arranging To Today's Contemporary Musicians
- Gramsci: Space, Nature, Politics
- The Glorious Ones : Classical Music's Legendary Performers
- Robot Ghosts And Wired Dreams: Japanese Science Fiction From Origins To Anime
- Coaching: Evoking Excellence In Others,3rd Edition
- Chibi Girls: An Adult Coloring Book With Japanese Manga Drawings, Magical Fairies, And Cute Fantasy Animals
- Fine Art: Colorblind Photography