Writing The Breakout Novel: Insider Advice For Taking Your Fiction To The Next Level
Writing the Breakout Novel: Insider Advice for Taking Your Fiction to the Next Level
Take your fiction to the next level!
Maybe you're a first-time novelist looking for practical guidance. Maybe you've already been published, but your latest effort is stuck in mid-list limbo. Whatever the case may be, author and literary agent Donald Maass can show you how to take your prose to the next level and write a breakout novel - one that rises out of obscurity and hits the best-seller lists.
Maass details the elements that all breakout novels share - regardless of genre - then shows you writing techniques that can make your own books stand out and succeed in a crowded marketplace.
You'll learn to:
- establish a powerful and sweeping sense of time and place
- weave subplots into the main action for a complex, engrossing story
- create larger-than-life characters that step right off the page
- explore universal themes that will interest a broad audience of readers
- sustain a high degree of narrative tension from start to finish
- develop an inspired premise that sets your novel apart from the competition
Then, using examples from the recent works of several best-selling authors - including novelist Anne Perry - Maass illustrates methods for upping the ante in every...
- Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey With His Wordless Daughter
- A Study Of The Relationship Between Style I Art And Socio-Political Change In Early Mediaeval Europe (British Archaeological Reports International Series)
- Angela's Ashes (The Frank McCourt Memoirs)
- The Story Of The Blues
- How To Write Your Own Anime Stories, Volume One (The Anime Artist Collection)
- Spirit Of The Huaorani: Lost Tribes Of The Yasuni
- Public Opinion And American Foreign Policy, Revised Edition (Analytical Perspectives On Politics)
- Market Education: The Unknown History (Frontier Issues In Economic Thought)
- The Miracle Of Father Kapaun: Priest, Soldier And Korean War Hero
- Gardening With Foliage First: 127 Dazzling Combinations That Pair The Beauty Of Leaves With Flowers, Bark, Berries, And More
- The Quantum Theory Of Fields, Volume 2: Modern Applications
- Voyage Into The Wind
- Soft Foods For Easier Eating Cookbook: Easy-to-Follow Recipes For People Who Have Chewing And Swallowing Problems
- MEG: Primal Waters
- The Sexy One
- Esthetic Color Training In Dentistry, 1e
- Version Control: A Novel
- Picasso's Animals
- Last Hurrah Of The James-Younger Gang
- Division Facts Practice Worksheets Arithmetic Workbook With Answers: Reproducible Timed Math Drills: Dividing By The Numbers 0-12