Writing The Breakout Novel: Insider Advice For Taking Your Fiction To The Next Level
Writing the Breakout Novel: Insider Advice for Taking Your Fiction to the Next Level
Take your fiction to the next level!
Maybe you're a first-time novelist looking for practical guidance. Maybe you've already been published, but your latest effort is stuck in mid-list limbo. Whatever the case may be, author and literary agent Donald Maass can show you how to take your prose to the next level and write a breakout novel - one that rises out of obscurity and hits the best-seller lists.
Maass details the elements that all breakout novels share - regardless of genre - then shows you writing techniques that can make your own books stand out and succeed in a crowded marketplace.
You'll learn to:
- establish a powerful and sweeping sense of time and place
- weave subplots into the main action for a complex, engrossing story
- create larger-than-life characters that step right off the page
- explore universal themes that will interest a broad audience of readers
- sustain a high degree of narrative tension from start to finish
- develop an inspired premise that sets your novel apart from the competition
Then, using examples from the recent works of several best-selling authors - including novelist Anne Perry - Maass illustrates methods for upping the ante in every...
- Stage Effects & Props For Easter & Christmas (Drama Topics)
- Moonbird: A Year On The Wind With The Great Survivor B95 (Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Honor (Awards))
- Italy: Adults Coloring Book Vol.1: Italy Designs Coloring Book (Adult Coloring) (Sketches Coloring Book) (Volume 1)
- ¿Dónde Estás Oscuridad?: Cuentos Mata Miedos 1 (Volume 1) (Spanish Edition)
- The Practice Of Poetry: Writing Exercises From Poets Who Teach
- Modern Strategy
- Designing Mobile Interfaces: Patterns For Interaction Design
- Agua, Electrolitos Y Equilibrio Acido-base/ Water, Electrolytes And Acid-base Balance (Spanish Edition)
- Maya Threads: A Woven History Of Chiapas
- Ecological Management Of Agricultural Weeds
- Mohandas Gandhi (TIME FOR KIDS® Nonfiction Readers)
- Influencing Society: God's Design For The Family, Book 4, With Guidelines For Group Discussion
- The Christmas Angels
- Hey Girl It's Ok To Swallow: The Love Den Diaries Unlock The Secrets
- How Ravel Orchestrated: Mother Goose Suite
- My First Soccer Game
- Bundle: Ciao!, 8th + ILrn™ Heinle Learning Center Printed Access Card
- Borrowed Finery: A Memoir
- More Than Magnets: Exploring The Wonders Of Science In Preschool And Kindergarten
- The Counterfeit Lady (A Victorian Bookshop Mystery)