Writing The Breakout Novel: Insider Advice For Taking Your Fiction To The Next Level
Writing the Breakout Novel: Insider Advice for Taking Your Fiction to the Next Level
Take your fiction to the next level!
Maybe you're a first-time novelist looking for practical guidance. Maybe you've already been published, but your latest effort is stuck in mid-list limbo. Whatever the case may be, author and literary agent Donald Maass can show you how to take your prose to the next level and write a breakout novel - one that rises out of obscurity and hits the best-seller lists.
Maass details the elements that all breakout novels share - regardless of genre - then shows you writing techniques that can make your own books stand out and succeed in a crowded marketplace.
You'll learn to:
- establish a powerful and sweeping sense of time and place
- weave subplots into the main action for a complex, engrossing story
- create larger-than-life characters that step right off the page
- explore universal themes that will interest a broad audience of readers
- sustain a high degree of narrative tension from start to finish
- develop an inspired premise that sets your novel apart from the competition
Then, using examples from the recent works of several best-selling authors - including novelist Anne Perry - Maass illustrates methods for upping the ante in every...
- Calabria: The Other Italy
- Kontakt 2 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide
- American Genesis: Captain John Smith And The Founding Of Virginia (Library Of American Biography Series)
- Explore Simple Machines!: With 25 Great Projects (Explore Your World)
- Cooking For The Specific Carbohydrate Diet: Over 100 Easy, Healthy, And Delicious Recipes That Are Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, And Grain-Free
- Thank You, Amelia Bedelia (I Can Read Book Level 2)
- Anthologie Du Black Metal Tome 1 (French Edition)
- Theology As History And Hermeneutics
- Led Zeppelin: Heaven And Hell
- Revelation (N. T. Wright For Everyone Bible Study Guides)
- The Washington Monument (Pull Ahead Books) (Pull Ahead Books (Paperback))
- Silat For The Street: Using The Ancient Martial Art For Self-Defense In The 21st Century
- What It Means To Be A Buckeye: Urban Meyer And Ohio State's Greatest Players
- Illustrating Children's Books: Creating Pictures For Publication
- The Church As Learning Community: A Comprehensive Guide To Christian Education
- Football Dancing: Create Your Own Football Choreography To Develop Better Mobility On The Field (UK Edition)
- Sky Raiders (Five Kingdoms)
- Darcy Swipes Left (OMG Classics)
- Chicana And Chicano Art: ProtestArte (The Mexican American Experience)
- Charles Ledray