Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment On The Spiritual Path
Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path
The spiritual path is like any other road—it’s going to have its share of potholes and detours. Safe travel requires a quality rarely taught yet critically important in today’s world: discernment.
In Eyes Wide Open, Mariana Caplan supports us in cultivating the acute judgment and discrimination that will help us to live a spiritual life with intelligence, clarity, and authenticity.
Is enlightenment less about fireworks and bliss and more about dismantling illusions? How do we fully integrate our practice into daily living? What’s the best way to work with the ego and the shadow? Eyes Wide Open explores these questions and more, offering practitioners from any tradition—or those just getting started—a traveler’s guide through “the labyrinth of increasing subtlety” that defines a genuine spiritual life.
Eyes Wide Open has received the following awards:
- 2010 Gold IPPY—New Age (Mind-Body-Spirit)
- 2010 Gold Living Now Award—Enlightenment/Spirituality
- 2010 Silver Nautilus Award—Spirituality
—JOHN WELWOOD, author of Toward a Psychology of Awakening
" Essential reading for those on the spiritual path, and for those who...
- The Food Intolerance Bible: A Nutritionist's Plan To Beat Food Cravings, Fatigue, Mood Swings, Bloating, Headaches, IBS And Deal With Food Allergies
- Gifted & Talented: Grade 2 Reading, Writing & Math (Flash Kids Gifted & Talented)
- Splash Of Color Painting & Coloring Book
- Traceable Temperatures: An Introduction To Temperature Measurement And Calibration
- Shadow Tag: A Novel
- And God Created Burton. Tom Rubython And Robert Hardy
- Assessment Of Exceptional Students: Educational And Psychological Procedures (8th Edition)
- Piano Scales & Arpeggios, Grade 6 (ABRSM Scales & Arpeggios)
- Mervyn Peake: The Man And His Art
- Coloring And Creativity Book (Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them)
- America's Seashores: Guide To Plants And Animals (America's Ecosystems)
- Probability Quick Study Reference Outline
- Secrets In The Cellar: A True Story Of The Australian Incest Case That Shocked The World
- The Wildlife Artist's Handbook
- Ethical Decision Making In School Administration: Leadership As Moral Architecture
- The Co-authored Self: Family Stories And The Construction Of Personal Identity
- Radio Replies: Three Volume Set
- Antique Glass End Of Day Marbles