Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment On The Spiritual Path
Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path
The spiritual path is like any other road—it’s going to have its share of potholes and detours. Safe travel requires a quality rarely taught yet critically important in today’s world: discernment.
In Eyes Wide Open, Mariana Caplan supports us in cultivating the acute judgment and discrimination that will help us to live a spiritual life with intelligence, clarity, and authenticity.
Is enlightenment less about fireworks and bliss and more about dismantling illusions? How do we fully integrate our practice into daily living? What’s the best way to work with the ego and the shadow? Eyes Wide Open explores these questions and more, offering practitioners from any tradition—or those just getting started—a traveler’s guide through “the labyrinth of increasing subtlety” that defines a genuine spiritual life.
Eyes Wide Open has received the following awards:
- 2010 Gold IPPY—New Age (Mind-Body-Spirit)
- 2010 Gold Living Now Award—Enlightenment/Spirituality
- 2010 Silver Nautilus Award—Spirituality
—JOHN WELWOOD, author of Toward a Psychology of Awakening
" Essential reading for those on the spiritual path, and for those who...
- The Lose Your Belly Diet: Change Your Gut, Change Your Life
- From The Land Of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey
- Teaching Children Dance-3rd Edition
- Michelle Obama: First Lady, American Rhetor (Communicating Gender)
- Damage Control
- OpenCL Programming By Example
- 110VN - Bach And Before For Strings - Violin
- Mark Morris
- Shaman Pathways - The Druid Shaman: Exploring The Celtic Otherworld
- Animal Ballet: An Imaginative Ballet Class Adventure (Love To Dance)
- The Sword In The Tree (Trophy Chapter Book)
- El Sueno De Mi Desvelo. Historias De La NBA Con Nocturnidad (Spanish Edition) (Corner (Roca Editorial))
- The Uninvited
- Illuminated Initials In Full Color: 548 Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
- Dvorak (Life&Times)
- Six Silent Men, Book Two (101st Lrp/Rangers)
- Chaucer's Tale: 1386 And The Road To Canterbury
- Computer-Supported Calculus (Texts & Monographs In Symbolic Computation)
- The Serpent And The Lamb: Cranach, Luther, And The Making Of The Reformation