Typography, Referenced: A Comprehensive Visual Guide To The Language, History, And Practice Of Typography
Typography, Referenced: A Comprehensive Visual Guide to the Language, History, and Practice of Typography
Typography, Referenced was named to the 2013 Outstanding Reference Sources List, an annual handpicked list from the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA, a division of the American Library Association) of the most noteworthy reference titles published in 2012.
Typography, Referenced is the single most comprehensive volume covering every aspect of typography that any design student, professional designer, or design aficionado needs to know today.
In these pages, you'll find:
—Thousands of illustrated examples of contemporary usage in design
—Historical developments from Greek lapidary letters to the movie Helvetica
—Landmark designs turning single letters into typefaces
—Definitions of essential type-specific language, terms, ideas, principles, and processes
—Ways technology has influenced and advanced type
—The future of type on the web, mobile devices, tablets, and beyond
In short, Typography, Referenced is the ultimate source of typographic information and inspiration, documenting and chronicling the full scope of essential typographic knowledge and design from the beginnings of moveable type to the present "golden age" of typography.
- Once Upon A Time, There Was You: A Novel
- Letterwork: Creative Letterforms In Graphic Design
- Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons And Recipes For The Home Cook
- Cut!: Hollywood Murders, Accidents, And Other Tragedies
- Be My Baby: How I Survived Mascara, Miniskirts, And Madness, Or My Life As A Fabulous Ronette
- Consciousness And The Absolute: The Final Talks Of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- Davis's Drug Guide For Rehabilitation Professionals (DavisPlus)
- 48 Fingerstyle Studies For Ukulele With Low G
- Grip Strength: How To Close Heavy Duty Hand Grippers, Lift Thick Bar Weights, And Pinch Grip Just About Anything
- Core Curriculum For Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing, 5e (Core Curriculum For Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (AWHONN))
- Good Manners For Nice People Who Sometimes Say F*ck
- In Mixed Company: Communicating In Small Groups
- What Is The Point Of Being A Christian?
- Wedding Photography From The Heart: Creative Techniques To Capture The Moments That Matter
- Fashion In Film
- Speaking Of Book Art: Interviews With British & American Book Artists
- Bass And Guitar Tab Guitar Notebook And Journal: Both 4 Strings And 6 Strings , Tablature In The Same Staff,8 Staves Per Page Total 150 Pages 8.5x11 Inches
- Said The Shotgun To The Head
- Annual Editions: Gender 10/11