Charlie Noble, former-Coast-Guard-officer-turned-marine-PI, is back. This time, he is hot on the trail of a human trafficking scheme that begins in Mexico…and ends in murder.
Still reeling from the untimely death of his wife, Charlie begins to warm to the idea of a second chance at true love with new girlfriend Kate Sullivan. These plans are quickly docked when boating friends Marvin and Angela Baynes come to him with a horrifying discovery—the body of an unidentified young woman impaled on the flukes of their boat anchor. The Bayneses themselves lost a child years ago. No stranger to loss, Charlie finds it impossible not to help them—even though it could mean putting his new romance in jeopardy.
Charlie enlists a friend, Raven, a Native-American salvage diver. Together, the pair plunge beneath the waters of Puget Sound to seek out any clues about the identity of the dead woman and how she wound up there. But they find more bodies instead—all young, all female, all Hispanic. Soon Charlie finds himself navigating a course that leads him through the choppy waters of transporting human cargo, and right into the seedy underworld of the Northwest’s sex trade.
With its fresh, nautical flavor,...
- Creative Marker Art And Beyond: Inspiring Tips, Techniques, And Projects For Creating Vibrant Artwork In Marker (Creative...and Beyond)
- Obscure: Observing The Cure
- Diamonds In The Shadow
- My Stroke Of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
- John Monash: A Biography
- Traditional Witchcraft For Fields And Hedgerows
- Intellectual Disability: Understanding Its Development, Causes, Classification, Evaluation, And Treatment (Developmental Perspectives In Psychiatry)
- Vanitas: Designs
- Cartooning, Caricature And Animation Made Easy
- Breve Historia De Francisco Pizarro (Spanish Edition)
- Dans Le Jardin De L'ogre (French Edition)
- Tiny LEGO Wonders: Build 40 Surprisingly Realistic Mini-Models!
- Lange Radiographic Positioning Flashcards
- Loca Motion: The Travels Of Chicana And Latina Popular Culture
- THORIUM: Energy Cheaper Than Coal
- Miss Nelson Has A Field Day
- Is Democracy Possible Here?: Principles For A New Political Debate
- The Metamorphosis (Norton Critical Editions)
- CWNA Guide To Wireless LANs
- Linking The Formal And Informal Economy: Concepts And Policies (WIDER Studies In Development Economics)