Plain Pursuit (Daughters Of The Promise, Book 2)
Plain Pursuit (Daughters of the Promise, Book 2)
Carley has given up chasing her dreams. Now her dreams are chasing her.
Carley Marek experiences culture shock when she visits her friend Lillian’s family on their farm deep in Amish country. She’ll get an article out of the visit―and maybe some of Lillian’s newfound peace will somehow rub off on her.
Just when Carley is getting used to the quiet nature of the Plain community, Lillian and Samuel’s son falls ill. But the local doctor who can offer the most help has been shunned by the community and forbidden to intervene.
As David’s condition deteriorates, Dr. Noah determines to do whatever it takes to save the boy’s life. Carley is caught in the middle―drawn to Noah, wanting to be helpful in the crisis―and confused by all their talk about a God she neither knows nor trusts. Carley must decide what in life is worth pursuing . . . and what to do when she’s pursued by a love she never expected.
"Well-defined characters and story make for an enjoyable read."
"Plain Pursuit is a well-crafted story with fully drawn characters and has nice pacing."
- Online Journalism: Principles And Practices Of News For The Web
- Benjamin Ferencz, Nuremberg Prosecutor And Peace Advocate
- Million Dollar Les Paul: In Search Of The Most Valuable Guitar In The World (Genuine Jawbone Books)
- Popular Woodworking's Arts & Crafts Furniture: 42 Designs For Every Room In Your Home
- UFOs And Government: A Historical Inquiry
- Connecting Through "Yes!": How To Agree When You Don't Agree To Get Cooperation And Closeness In Your Marriage
- Shostakovich Symphonies And Concertos - An Owner's Manual: Unlocking The Masters Series
- The Spy (Penguin Classics)
- Color And Colorability: An Adult Coloring Book Celebrating The Work Of Jane Austen (Volume 1)
- Business Law With Connect
- Is It A Choice? Answers To The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Gay & Lesbian People, Third Edition
- Discover Your Psychic Type: Developing And Using Your Natural Intuition
- Teaming Up: Making The Transition To A Self-Directed, Team-Based Organization
- The Victim (Badge Of Honor) (Vol 3)
- Student Solutions Manual For Masterton/Hurley's Chemistry: Principles And Reactions, 8th
- Financial Management: Principles And Applications (11th Edition)
- The Oyster War: The True Story Of A Small Farm, Big Politics, And The Future Of Wilderness In America
- Masterpieces For Marimba: A Collection From The Finest Musical Literature To Meet The Needs Of The Percussion Keyboard
- Duke Ellington -- The 100th Anniversary Collection: Piano/Vocal/Chords
- The Bonobo And The Atheist: In Search Of Humanism Among The Primates