The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program And The School Library: Inquiry-Based Education
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and the School Library: Inquiry-Based Education
This book, a blend of practice and theory, shows how the school library can contribute to the success of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
• An abstract on the Extended Essay process
• Examples of library helpsheets for IBDP students
• A glossary of IBDP acronyms and IB terminology
• A specially created list of items that will be helpful for a TOK course
• An extensive bibliography of library and education sector references
"Within every chapter, librarians are encouraged to be involved in all aspects of the program, responding to the needs of students and working with teachers. Seven appendixes include a list of TOK resources, a sample library help sheet for students, several book lists, and a sample policy for essay donations, followed by a glossary of terminology and acronyms, an extensive reference list, and a detailed index." - School Library Journal
"This book presents a realistic overview of what the current role of school libraries in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programs look like. . . . Overall, the book is a reality check for media specialists, and will be especially useful for those working in an...